John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

[​IMG]

Grocery shopping. JE obsessed :inlove:

2. linstar

linstar Senior member

Hey John Elliot Co,

I recently made an order before i found out about the 10% discount for signing up to the newsletter. Is there any way to get a code for my second order? I tried filling out the newsletter form but haven't received an email containing the code.

3. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

I'm sorry sir but this is not possible. Only first time buyers get the newsletter discount. Our apologies.

4. Avani

Avani Member

question here?

so i got the grey u-neck in grey in a xl. its huge on me. the seam on the shoulders is way to big... im 5'9 160-180 pounds. medium to slighly heavy build (wrk out).
    im usually a size large. i have no idea why i sized up on these i thout they rann slimm....

so, should i just size down to a large. or go medium.
    help!

thanks

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

[​IMG]

Dune Villan since it was asked for. Sorry for the mess, literally in the middle of a move, no point in cleaning

6. TorontoGTA

TorontoGTA Well-Known Member

Nice, looks good.

What jeans by the way?

7. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Slp destroyed from 2013

8. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

How does everybody here like the longsleeve mercers and U-necks? I need a long sleeve to layer under some stuff. Are they any longer than the short sleeve counterparts? Am I better off just getting some Mercer tanks?

9. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

I'm 5'10 145, slim/athletic build. I wear a size Medium in the tees. Considering the XL was HUGE on you, you might want to go down to a Medium (which might give it a fitted look on you), because sure there's a difference between the XL and L, but not HUGE enough to make that significant of a difference. At the end of the day, it's personal preference to how fitted/loose you want your tee.

10. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

The mercer long sleeves are awesome. I wear mine all the time under my hoodies. I spec. like the long sleeves because I like sticking the sleeves out the cuffs of my sweatshirts. To get a better idea of the lengths of the shirts, the measurements are on the site.

If you're gonna use it just for layering, you might be better off getting the tanks since that'll save you a good $30 each

11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

You mised out on the extended length so the ones they have are normal length. I personally find the sleeves a bit too wide for my liking. I still have some though. Been debating getting the sleeves altered to be more slim.

12. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Yeah, only long long sleeves I own are button ups and some of my knits, especially the Jil and Ervell knits, are super itchy, so I'm looking for long sleeves that would work for that, I'm assuming the long sleeves are the same weight and fabric as the short sleeves? Tanks I would just use for summer I guess, what is the difference with the old scar tank and the mercer tank?

edit: Wide sleeves are very necessary for me, one of the things I like about JE tee's is they aren't stupid slim in the sleeves so my XL's don't look like smediums.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  13. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Same fabric. The cut is the main difference. One is the u style the other is the split hem. I find the sleeves to be too wide by the forearm and wrist area. The upper arm is fine.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  14. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

i have a few long sleeves for sale all worn once or twice. All large longsleeve Grey u neck, charcoal u neck, charcoal extended mercer. Pm for details if interested.

15. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member

Someone post fit pics of the RUE!