• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May go after the black pair and wear the hell out of them and see what kind of fades i can get.
Sounds like there are 2 “black” pairs. A 100% and a stretch version. I have the OG stretch version, and obsidian isn’t as dark as the new iterations. So if you have your heart set on true black I think you will be disappointed with the stretch version (take a look at my pics). I’m not sure how dark the 100% cotton obsidians will be compared to the current cast 2 obsidians, but they look like they have a white weft, but still look darker than the stretch counterpart but not as dark as what we currently have. Either way, the 100% cotton ones look like winners in my book.
Just for clarification the stretch obsidians have a black/white/brown selvedge ID and the 100% cotton black/red/white selvedge ID

boxdok

Reaction score
I think all the denim tommorow is 100 percent cotton. I do agree there seems to be 2 black pairs and 2 grey pairs releasing. I'm going after the darker black pair. I may holdout because i know there is a pluma denim restock coming up

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think all the denim tommorow is 100 percent cotton. I do agree there seems to be 2 black pairs and 2 grey pairs releasing. I'm going after the darker black pair. I may holdout because i know there is a pluma denim restock coming up
Look above. Reading is key

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Four of the pairs tomorrow are 2X1 woven with 2% stretch. These feel more like 100% cotton because of the 2X1 weave, it is less stretchable in feel and more crisp to the touch than our current 2% pairs. This compositional change is noticeable and I'm sure @nsubrmnn can attest to it. The three pairs he posted are included in this drop.

2X correction: The White and Black pairs, with red selvedge ID are 100% cotton.

Last edited:

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn that’s how they be treating their employees? 😔

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.