• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not trying to bash, I just like being a realist, and only spending money if its something I could not get a comparable alternative for. I do like the carbons and am considering them actually. Maybe, I should change my tone, but I just want to get an objective perspective about the options. I should have illustrated my point a different manner, and just said that I don't like raws, and prefer the lazy route and getting prewashes. However, the carbons look good, anywhere I can find pics outside the JE site? I've tried formulating an educated opinion by visiting every store around me that carries JE, but they always have terrible buys. I went to nordstrom and it was only the kane jeans, lol.
No one is going to be able to give you enough proof over the internet. Order them, try them, send back if you aren’t convinced. Very little risk in returning.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always like to hear what people think before I buy because most people know a lot more than I do about the product. You make a very good point though.

barrettdudley

Reaction score
Beige up on SSENSE, few sizes left.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beige up on SSENSE, few sizes left.
Must have got 1 per size.
Expecting these to be well under retail like the Whites anyway.

quickstruck

Reaction score
not trying to bash, I just like being a realist, and only spending money if its something I could not get a comparable alternative for. I do like the carbons and am considering them actually. Maybe, I should change my tone, but I just want to get an objective perspective about the options. I should have illustrated my point a different manner, and just said that I don't like raws, and prefer the lazy route and getting prewashes. However, the carbons look good, anywhere I can find pics outside the JE site? I've tried formulating an educated opinion by visiting every store around me that carries JE, but they always have terrible buys. I went to nordstrom and it was only the kane jeans, lol.
just do a quick google search with "styleforum john elliott carbon" as the query, and check out the image results if you're down to see fit pics in the wild. otherwise, if you're trying to view stockists' pics, do the same with "john elliott cast 2 carbon" and you'll get a flurry of results

surrender

Reaction score
was able to get 'em in size 42! SSENSE typically ships quickly too, so I hope to get them soon

due_dilla

Reaction score
@MIKE_JE will there be a restock of the white and black university tee? Feels like these should be mainline as it’s such a great shirt

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@MIKE_JE will there be a restock of the white and black university tee? Feels like these should be mainline as it’s such a great shirt
Yes. University is considered Mainline now.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

due_dilla

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for posting I this. I can’t seem to track down a black in size L anywhere (except End in UK). I might just wait for a restock on JE

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@MIKE_JE
I’ve seen the Rio on other sites, but I don’t believe they had the ri ri zips on the side pockets.. can you confirm?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.