• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope all of you waiting on ICON shipping got yours today. My Notre pair just shipped... great turnaround time on their part.

surrender

Reaction score
Please post the grey when you get it?
Will do! I'm on the east coast so it'll probably be a week. I normally order my JE stuff from Need Supply or SSENSE, but didn't want to risk missing out on the shorts...

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Little attention whoring here cuz I love the hanoi fit, and these are 32s...but im a 31 waist. Confused with JE denim. I bought some Onyx that were 31 and they fit so terribly loose. Then I tried on nimbus 31 and they fit perfect. Tried on graphite 31 fit perfect. Why is there such a discrepancy in fits here? Or is it something about the onyx jeans that made them so loose? I want a pair of black denim from JE that is a washed black, not a fan or carbon, but it seems like the Onyx is some loosey goosey fit that I cant get behind..What about ronin?

KyleKelley

Reaction score
Did Anyone order the Inverness and can post pics or give a review. I have a 25 percent off coupon, i am thinking of using to buy a pair.
I've asked this twice, don't think anyone has picked them up, you should be the first and come back to post pics!

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1242638

Little attention whoring here cuz I love the hanoi fit, and these are 32s...but im a 31 waist. Confused with JE denim. I bought some Onyx that were 31 and they fit so terribly loose. Then I tried on nimbus 31 and they fit perfect. Tried on graphite 31 fit perfect. Why is there such a discrepancy in fits here? Or is it something about the onyx jeans that made them so loose? I want a pair of black denim from JE that is a washed black, not a fan or carbon, but it seems like the Onyx is some loosey goosey fit that I cant get behind..What about ronin?

Does it need to be washed black? I recently posted fit pics of my Obsidian's which I've been really happy with. Haven't had Ronin's though.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it need to be washed black? I recently posted fit pics of my Obsidian's which I've been really happy with. Haven't had Ronin's though.

Yeah plus Obsidians wash out over time anyway.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno, if im going to spend $300 I'd like there to be details like whiskers, a nice taper, stacking, and some more oomph. Obsidians make me think I should just buy uniqlo raws and call it a day. But that is me. What is the hype behind carbons? I'd like to know because i prefer black denim, but the pics on the site are so bad and its hard to ever decipher any of the washes.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno, if im going to spend $300 I'd like there to be details like whiskers, a nice taper, stacking, and some more oomph. Obsidians make me think I should just buy uniqlo raws and call it a day. But that is me. What is the hype behind carbons? I'd like to know because i prefer black denim, but the pics on the site are so bad and its hard to ever decipher any of the washes.

Carbons are easily the best JE denim. Most comfortable and versatile. It is a washed black in hand. Some pairs are more washed then others but will lighten up more over time. When you put them on, you’ll understand. But also, to compare Obsidians to anything Uniqlo is a complete joke LOL. Obsidians break in and fade, leaving you with whiskers and stacking. It sounds like you’re trying to ask for advice on JE denim but bash all options at the same time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads