John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior member

Olive Terry and Charcoal Terry would be certainly appreciated.

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I'll offer a counterpoint to people saying to size down on the u-necks and say that you should size based on the shoulder width. If the seams hit inside your actual shoulders and / or the shirt is too tight, it's going to look like you borrowed your girlfriend's t-shirt; you're better off erring on the side of oversized for a more relaxed look.

I haven't gotten the co-mix or midnight u-necks I ordered yet (which was what, yesterday? and they're coming from CA, so I figure it'll take a few days), so I can't speak to them specifically, but I've gone TTS with a 2 / medium on the curve u-necks I've ordered in the past and been happy with the fit.

As far as length is concerned, the longer body length seems to fit in with the rest of the JE+Co look; drop crotch sweats are going to look better with a longer tee and probably kind of silly with a shorter one. You also get a better layering effect when your base layer is longer in the body than your outer layer, so a longer tee under a shorter sweatshirt makes sense.

3. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior member

For those looking for an alternative to the $176 Court Short to pair with the Kendo Tights, Revolve has the Lima Short on sale for $94 and $110. Discount code TULIP brings them down to $84.60 and $99 shipped. Retail was $156.

Grey Duo $94 http://www.revolveclothing.com/john-elliott-co-lima-short-in-grey/dp/JELL-MF1/
    Black $94 http://www.revolveclothing.com/john-elliott-co-lima-short-in-black/dp/JELL-MF2/

Grey Duo 2 $110 http://www.revolveclothing.com/john-elliott-co-lima-short-in-grey-duo-2/dp/JELL-MF3/
    Black Duo $110 http://www.revolveclothing.com/john-elliott-co-lima-short-in-black-duo/dp/JELL-MF4/

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. DonHeebenhof

DonHeebenhof Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the inseam length on these?

5. DonHeebenhof

Reading 9.5 inch inseam, ugh, little too long for us guys with short legs

6. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

Varies by size. From 9 (S) to 11 (XXL). Size charts are available on the JE website.

Lima shorts are great, btw.

7. DonHeebenhof

ya i saw 9.5 on a medium.....tempting. Jcrew has some nice looking ones with an 8.5 inch inseam for about $60.

On a separate note, did anyone receive shipping info for any orders placed yesterday?

8. mcking

mcking Senior member

This elongated look has been around for over a decade because of Rick Owens and Alexandre Plokhov. It isn't a trend. FoG is heavy influenced by these two brands and with it being more affordable, worn by kanye, it just made it more mainstream. I can certainly appreciate it but i also agree that it isn't practical for everyday wear.

9. helvete

helvete Well-Known Member

Thanks for a history lesson grandpa, never heard of either Rick Owens or Plokhov.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015

10. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

Get schooled fuccboi and keep that hypebeast movement alive.

11. mcking

mcking Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015

12. fdyla

fdyla Well-Known Member

No shipping yet for an order placed a few hours after the drop yesterday. Hopefully things ship by the end of the week but my waits on JE shipping are usually pretty long

13. lowk

lowk Senior member

agree with not sizing down, the best je fits are the looser/casual ones, sad the say one of the best fits I've seen was on scott disick.
    A lot of ppl in here wear it way too tight just looks awk

14. fdyla

fdyla Well-Known Member

Update: tuesday order shipped. Mix grey villain on the way.

15. Owl Pharaoh

Owl Pharaoh Member

Do you guys think a U neck looks good under a villain hoodie? Tried on a villain hoodie while wearing a u neck under but since the hoodie was my true size it didn't allow the u neck to drape all the way down which sucks. If i sized up it will probably drape better under the villain.