1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Distinguished Member

cheaper and easier to just get them tailored. sizing makes a big difference in how a piece looks imo.

2. superstaarrrr

superstaarrrr Well-Known Member

3. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior Member

Does the ribbing on the crew neck sweatshirts rise up a little? Asking because if not, 26.5" length (size small) would seem too long for me (5'8")

Do the crew sweatshirts fit long? Or like a standard crewneck?

4. Ilagon

Ilagon Member

Order went through. Thanks for taking care of my order Brandi. JE customer service is top notch!

5. dantatzai

dantatzai Senior Member

JE in general is cut longer but the crew sweatshirts aren't esp long or anything

6. Hennessy1

Hennessy1 Active Member

If the LS mercer tee in dune is sold out will it restock? It's not even on the site any more. Possibly a glitch? Checked all the online stockists and none of them have it [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015

7. drb1911

drb1911 Senior Member

Can anyone explain to me if there is something particular great about this midnight color way? Just seems like good old dark/navy blue to me. I can understand and appreciate the comix color in grey, but just not blown away by the midnight...but I don't own this color by JE

8. Owl Pharaoh

Owl Pharaoh Member

Why do you guys size up on the villain? Might be a pleb question but I'm just really curious.

9. StPauli

StPauli Senior Member

I normally wear medium in everything, but I have a larger chest (43") and there is only a certain amount it can stretch. Even on the Large, I am thankful for the sidezips because it is quite snug when I first put it on. A lot of things look shorter on the torso if you have a larger chest.

The t-shirts on the other hand, are very forgiving and stretch and drape nicely.

10. ItsJustDifferen

ItsJustDifferen Well-Known Member

I went with my normal size as well. thanks!

11. fdyla

fdyla Senior Member

lol yep. NBA All Star fashion show produced by Lebron and also has a couple more judges besides the 3 you mentioned. It's being hosted by Shaq and Kevin Hart hahaha.

12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Distinguished Member

You are right. It's just navy. Maybe people just like navy, I don't know the hype either.

13. helvete

helvete Well-Known Member

I've been saying this for a minute: the u-neck shirts are quite long. Seriously, size down. In fact, it appears as though they've been elongated even more, unless the model shrunk. I'm on the fence about buying the new colorways because of this.

I really hope JE doesn't go even longer on the clothes. I hate, hate, hate this exaggerated silhouette look fashion brands are pushing onto men. It's silly. Brands like Fear of God are the bane of my existence as far as fashion is concerned. Looks so goofy and costume-y, and totally impractical for everyday wear.

14. drewseong

drewseong Senior Member

Do the escobar sweatpants ($185) stretch as you wear it? And does it shrink if you wash it?

15. Hennessy1

Hennessy1 Active Member

Like all JE terry they will stretch a little but return to normal after a delicate cold wash and hang dry.