• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paid affiliates have some control over their threads.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone interested in The Cast in Cobalt, size 31? I wore them around 5 times, but that was my first pair of raw denim and I don't feel good in them. They are great quality, I just prefer elastic jeans. I am willing to sell for over 50% off retail. And that size is also sold out.
Shortened from 35" inseam to 30" for perfect fit.

jthom931

Reaction score
A wool overcoat, an "opposite" fish tail rain parka and a color called plaster, thats all I'm telling you guys (that is new anyways). There's way more... Ya'll can quote this in September when all the gear drops
Serious. Unless we see some stuff, dudes trolling

Last edited:

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A wool overcoat, an "opposite" fish tail rain parka and a color called plaster, thats all I'm telling you guys (that is new anyways). There's way more... Ya'll can quote this in September when all the gear drops

as soon as reading the color "plaster" you know its legit.
Only JE could be genius enough to come out with an awesome color name like that.

Last edited:

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their runway show is in 8 days. I'm sure after that style.com or GQ will have a full write up/photo library.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Their runway show is in 8 days. I'm sure after that style.com or GQ will have a full write up/photo library.

There will be plenty of photos / video to come after the show through various channels...

NickEPockets

Reaction score
@JohnElliottCo is there a timeline for when the other stockists besides Machus, (Atrium, Apartment Number 9, Revolve, etc) will be getting their S/S 15 deliveries?

rbroseph

Reaction score
Just tried the kendo tights. Didn't take any pictures since the lighting was terrible but its exactly how you see it on the site. The "melange" is actually really nice they feel pretty thin and they're super comfy. Definitely have to size down one from your Escobar size. Only thing I didnt in my opinion like is the zippers being at the rear looks kind of awkward when unzipped a little. Very nice material and construction but wouldn't spend that much on them.

Hennessy1

Reaction score
Got JE the cast / coast denim in today. Took some quick pics with some boots I got in today also. Fit of JE denim is great but I'm not used to wearing pants this tight. I hope they stretch a little. I sized down 3.

tR9kO8k.jpg

J4AgEBV.jpg

My question is will they stretch everywhere or just the waist? They are skin tight in the thighs and waist right now I may need a size 28.

Last edited:

echau

Reaction score
They will stretch where there's tension. So mostly the waist

Bertdinner2

Reaction score
I would keep those jeans they look great

Potsnu

Reaction score
Thanks for posting pictures, they look great. How did the honey combs in the back line up for you?

Honestly, I would exchange them. You sized down 3 when they recommend you size down 1-2 sizes.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/343980/john-elliott-co-official-affiliate-thread/6900_50#post_7633782

The amount of stretching is determined by how much force is working against it. Generally, the waist stretches the most on any jean.

The thighs which should be your biggest concern with JE's cut isn't going to move a whole lot. Maybe 0.25" max.

I would also think that washed/distressed denim doesn't stretch nearly as much as raw denim.

If the thigh feels really tight right now, it's not going to get much better.

Last edited:

susmoon

Reaction score
Jeans look good, but if you dislike the fit, you should send them back. No point in owning something you find uncomfortable imo. I'm still trying to figure out whether I want to size down 1 or 2 (~32 true waist).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads