• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

turbospartan

Reaction score
Honestly, iodine are probably my favorite JE pairs. They feel thicker and more substantial than nimbus imo.

Do you have both? Any pics?

The reason I like the Nimbus is that it seems like its more of a mid-blue, and I like the stack fades / honeycombs.

The Iodines are a bit darker it seems from pics, less fades, and a little "dirty" in some spots like the knees and top block.

squiblet

Reaction score
I’m 5’10 150lbs and go medium in both villain and Escobar’s. Based on your stats I’d go large in villain and a medium to a large in the Escobar’s depending on how tight you like your sweats to fit. Honestly I think you should go large in both. My 2 cents
Thanks mate

WhaleShark

Reaction score
Washed Black Finished Expo. Marion Kane’s.

Attachments

• D081B4F7-F4EB-4B67-BE08-7CAF88FFAF9E.jpeg
    D081B4F7-F4EB-4B67-BE08-7CAF88FFAF9E.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 95

chadlikethecountry

Reaction score
They do look great in those photos.

I don’t know if you were ever into raw denim, but Iodines are like if you expertly faded a pair of blue raw denim over the course of 3-6 months of heavy wear with no washing/soaking. Not “soft”, but definitely a “broken in” raw denim feel as they are coarse/rigid and substantial feeling with little to no stretch.

Nimbus on the other hand feels like they are using the same base Jean and taking the aging process a little further in time, including soaks/washes to soften the denim and sun bleach/fading to accentuate the the thigh fade (also less “dirt” appearance b/c of the soaking/washing). Also I feel like SSENSE has Nimbus on sale every season for 225 in most sizes early in the cycle.

Just have to decide the fit and look you are after...

CARTEL777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they need to bring back finished anti expos!

I would be all in on this.

Looks like a perfect fit imo.

Those look good

I found a smoking deal on them + I wanted run it by y'all before pulling the trigger on a final sale item.

I appreciate the help!

I’m 5’10 150lbs and go medium in both villain and Escobar’s. Based on your stats I’d go large in villain and a medium to a large in the Escobar’s depending on how tight you like your sweats to fit. Honestly I think you should go large in both. My 2 cents

I concur. Go with the large in both.

Last edited:

turbospartan

Reaction score
I don’t know if you were ever into raw denim, but Iodines are like if you expertly faded a pair of blue raw denim over the course of 3-6 months of heavy wear with no washing/soaking. Not “soft”, but definitely a “broken in” raw denim feel as they are coarse/rigid and substantial feeling with little to no stretch.

Nimbus on the other hand feels like they are using the same base Jean and taking the aging process a little further in time, including soaks/washes to soften the denim and sun bleach/fading to accentuate the the thigh fade (also less “dirt” appearance b/c of the soaking/washing). Also I feel like SSENSE has Nimbus on sale every season for 225 in most sizes early in the cycle.

Just have to decide the fit and look you are after...

I was into raw denim for a while (N&F, Unbranded, Levi's selvedge, etc.) but not looking to put that much effort into it anymore haha. I've actually considered getting the JE raw indigos, but also don't want to wait months/years before they fade (which was always my issue with raws... I don't wear them enough to get the fades I want, before moving on).

Its not that I don't like the Iodines... I just prefer the fading on the Nimbus. But even the Nimbus itself seems to vary, as I've seen very washed out pairs (almost like the Coast Ozones) or the ones that are mostly blue, except for the fading whiskers / honeycombs / stacks.

So my dilemma is get the Iodines now for a really good deal... or continue waiting it out for a deal on the Nimbus. Personally want to spend under $200, so I know opportunities are limited. Need a $120 deal !

Edit: Screw it... bought the Iodine's.

Last edited:

chadlikethecountry

Reaction score
I was into raw denim for a while (N&F, Unbranded, Levi's selvedge, etc.) but not looking to put that much effort into it anymore haha. I've actually considered getting the JE raw indigos, but also don't want to wait months/years before they fade (which was always my issue with raws... I don't wear them enough to get the fades I want, before moving on).

Its not that I don't like the Iodines... I just prefer the fading on the Nimbus. But even the Nimbus itself seems to vary, as I've seen very washed out pairs (almost like the Coast Ozones) or the ones that are mostly blue, except for the fading whiskers / honeycombs / stacks.

So my dilemma is get the Iodines now for a really good deal... or continue waiting it out for a deal on the Nimbus. Personally want to spend under $200, so I know opportunities are limited. Need a $120 deal !

Edit: Screw it... bought the Iodine's.

Haha nice, you’ll like them. Like I said, it’s all the benefits of a well worn in raw look with none of the hassle or maintenance, so really can’t go wrong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads