1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. j023

j023 Distinguished Member

Cold wash hang dry, they hold up really well.

2. thereaintnofutureinthis

thereaintnofutureinthis Well-Known Member

Got the pigtail cardigan in, super happy with it! So glad to finally have it
    Pigtail Cardigan
    Slate AE
    Carbons
    CP Derby Shine

60338904_689691941483336_1812635232961036288_n.jpg

3. Wally_SF

Wally_SF Senior Member

Nice. I’m into those derby’s, thoughts? Did you pay retail?

4. thereaintnofutureinthis

thereaintnofutureinthis Well-Known Member

Nah, I bought them secondhand
    -They look cool but they fit kind of weird, theyre long but slightly narrow, not enough to necessitate going up a size (or in CP's case, going with your usual TTS), but I can't wear them with any socks that arent super thin
    -They pair really well with the Carbons and the Meguro cast 2s I have, and the Wings + Horns Toyko Pants too, but they look really awkward with any pants that have more heft to them or a wider hem. The creeper style crepe sole makes them less formal but the shine helps if you do want to be more formal, I've worn them casually and with a suit and they always worked
    - The crepe sole looks sick but gets dirty fast and really warped when you drive in them or step on anything. I stood on a washer or something last summer and theres still an indent from it
    - They crease like crazy

tl;dr: love them for what they are and what I paid (like 150 or something), would be stricken with horror the second I saw the creases and the sole started to rub off if I paid retail

5. kbrenns

kbrenns Senior Member

Soooooo...anyone in LA wanna hold me down on the Icons dropping 5/22?

6. Wally_SF

Wally_SF Senior Member

Thanks. They are pretty taxed and I could see them working well and also not working well with certain fits. Appreciate it

7. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Distinguished Member

upload_2019-5-16_11-56-24.jpeg
    I like mine, they do crease a lot. The crepe sole is dark so they don’t discolor as much as the crepe soles on the tan CP Chelsea’s and such. They were initially pretty uncomfortable, but after a few wears they are great. I would also recommend not paying retail on them. They work well for that semi dressed up look. It’s a little “flair” to a rather drab outfit. CP does make derbies on an all black crepe sole with black mid sole and derbies on a stacked leather heel.

https://www.fwrd.com/product-common-projects-derby-shine/COMF-MZ287/

https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/common-projects-derby-shoes-item-12514822.aspx

8. j023

081222D6-764D-4831-83B4-8418F83C3764.jpeg 668FD663-2945-4953-A07F-C52B12FF5ED0.jpeg

SD Crew. So Fire.
    Had to size up to an XL! These are cropped.

I have a L if anyone wants it. I just want to recover what I paid.

9. askim35

askim35 Senior Member

What is the best way to wash/dry Escobar’s and ebisu to prevent the pants from losing their elasticity? I have Nike tech fleece joggers that became loose in the thigh and butt area after some washes and I’d like to prevent that on my JE

10. j023

Only way is cold wash, hang dry to keep them in top shape. You can dry to tighten them back up, but it won’t last.

11. npa23

npa23 Senior Member

You didn't like the bone raids?

12. Yelnats_

Yelnats_ Well-Known Member

God damn the Black Icons are so fire. @je_Mike please raffle pairs away for us SF stans

13. Wally_SF

Wally_SF Senior Member

Appreciate it!

14. j023

Forget the ICONS, where’s the Army Mesh Shorts?

15. gentlypfister

gentlypfister Well-Known Member

I like, but that bone color on those materials will get RUINED fast. I wear dark shoes mostly... or go all white.