John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

I'm also in between sizes so I find myself being a little too critical with my fit. Then again, if you're paying that much for a hoodie you do want it to fit as perfect as possible. That food looks pretty solid to me. Technically, I guess you could consider sizing down but then again it would probably look too tight and would take a while to loosen up whereas the fit you have on now works pretty good already.

2. justjohn

justjohn Senior member

Just received the Midnight Villain today. It is a gorgeous blue!
    Can't wait to wear it this weekend!

3. DonHeebenhof

DonHeebenhof Well-Known Member

So i got my midnight Rue in......I think it looks pretty good with a white or grey U-neck, havent tried it on with a normal shirt yet. I think that will be the make or break. If it looks weird with a normal shirt i will probably return it for a villain when the midnight restocks tbh. Also, the cotton is less substantial than the villain i have, definitely more of a light weight spring/summer feel to it (which makes sense seeing as it was a spring 2015 release)

4. DonHeebenhof

Also, does anyone have the SS extended villain crew? How do you feel about it? Have someone offering it in a trade for some nikes i have. Intrigued but wondering how much use i would really get out of it

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I think it looks fine. It's not like you are swimming in it.

6. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

I bought it in my normal size and returned it because I found it too tight in the upper body/arms. I would have sized up and tried again but it was sold out. Ultimately, it wasn't that great a piece so I wasn't disappointed. The way the sleeves were cut made it look almost homemade.

7. DonHeebenhof

Ya i wear a M in the villain, but its just on the brink of being too small so i sized up in the Rue to an L. With the L, the sleeves look alright and the sides hit right at my belt. I will post pics with U-neck under and normal tee under later today for everyone still considering.

Another thing, i was expecting the chest pocket to be a little deeper, its pretty shallow but i know one thing that will fit in there when properly rolled up [​IMG]

The pockets are also one pocket, and its not terry, its a different material.

8. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

My bad bro, I was referring to the SS extended crew. I quoted the wrong post.

9. Seminole21

Seminole21 Member

I have one and I pair it with my LS extended Mercer as it's Winter in Minnesota. I've gotten a lot of positive responses when i wear the combo out and about town, I think just having the SS villain might look a little incomplete though.

10. kobe15

kobe15 Member

@JohnElliottCo Any plans to restock the black flash dual fullzip?

11. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Yea I bought the rue in grey. Looks whack with a regular tee under. I decided I can't wear a U neck all the time so I actually sent mine back in exchange for the clash crew in grey. i wasn't going to get the clash since i wasn't the biggest fan, but i liked the grey--not enough to get it in a villain or dual flash zip hoodie, so i figured clash crew was the best way to go.
    The pockets on the rue..with that weird material on the interior..was terrible. made it uncomfortable.

gotta love the greys. you can have all the shades without it looking the same

12. DonHeebenhof

Ya man, i actually really like the midnight color, and i really like the fit of the rue tbh. Did you size up or go with your normal size? I feel like the Rue is definitely one you want to size up in, so that the sides dont come up too far.

And the jury is still out on the material inside the pocket for me. Gonna give it a couple more wears and decide

13. DonHeebenhof

Idk if you agree, but the Rue doesnt have much utility in cold weather, it definitely has a spring/summer feel to it, especially with that pocket material.

14. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

I went with my normal size. Maybe should have sized up. Rue looks great from the front, but I gurss I just want to be able to get the most wear out of JE items and I just wasn't seeing that with the rue. Get the midnight villain instead of rue!!! My favorite villain thus far.

15. echau

echau Senior member

Darn, my latest JE order is delayed by UPS. "A late UPS trailer arrival has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled." It was supposed to come in today, but I guess I'll have to wait.