1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

Gotta order those purple ones.

Question for the group. Recently picked up the green cord shorts and the brown/gold ones.

I sized down to small in the green and went TTS medium in the brown. The fit is almost identical except the small is a touch snug in the waist.

Any clue if a tailor can very slightly loosen the waist or no bc it's a waistband? Not a huge deal if not.

2. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior Member

are the new cool gray air max 720's a je exclusive?

3. j023

j023 Distinguished Member

No

4. nd1nd2nd3

nd1nd2nd3 Senior Member

Do the Skittles jeans fit much differently than the other Cast 2 jeans? I tried on some other colors/washes at Saks- thought the 32 fit me well but I don’t know if there’s a lot of stretch or variation.

5. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

For me they fit similar to my other pairs (Mox, Carbon and Blanca).

6. tonio028

tonio028 Distinguished Member

Nice. About the Just Don shorts, so I've seen them around on sites and modeled and they look cool (though until they make a 76ers version, I have no interest in buying), but what's the deal with the $400+ price tag? Are they made in the states with some heavyweight mesh and legit zippers? I know Fear of God mesh shorts and Rhude ones are up there in price too for that matter. I was curious about your thoughts on them as I've never handled them in person.

7. lzd325

lzd325 Member

Xhibition has cargos on sale for 223(olive) and 260 for(khaki)

8. echau

echau Senior Member

The previous season Just Don shorts, they take the $125 M&N Authentics (made in China) and finish them in the USA by adding the pockets, drawstrings, logo, back zippers (Lampo).

The current season, it looks like all the details are completed along with the construction in China. They still use the high quality materials, like the Lampo zippers, but because the finishing touches are done when the shorts are constructed, they are implemented better, if that makes sense. If you turn the new shorts inside-out, you don't see where the logo is stitched, or the lining of the pockets, because it is hidden behind the inner layer of mesh.

Also, the mesh is definitely heavyweight. Holding them against the Nogales or Tie Dye shorts, the difference is substantial.

9. j023

Has anyone bought the khaki pair? Curious to see the color in real pics. Olive is definitely much more vibrant in person than any product shots I’ve seen of them. I was hoping for the more muted color the JE shots display, but instead they are much brighter.

10. chim

chim Senior Member

Picked up a pair of the black cargo sweats in my usual size (JE 30 / medium) - I echo what DJ said, the details are fantastic in person and the fit is great, slightly looser as compared to escobars. I picked up the olive in a size down (small is back in stock!) for comparison / slimmer fit. If you’re on the fence - you won’t be disappointed. The nylon detailing is well integrated and the sweatpants are very high quality.

11. j023

Anyone buy the tactical shorts?

12. iamfudge

iamfudge Senior Member

is charcoal and vintage black similar in color?

13. j023

Vintage black is washed black.

14. iamfudge

iamfudge Senior Member

is it? I thought it was a slightly different. even more faded if anything. anyone have both?

15. j023

It looks a lot like the washed black AE I have.