• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rios just arrived so quick pic out the box.

They are super tight but so were my Escos and those loosened up so I'm hopeful these will also loosen but without butt sag.

Took medium (same as Escos and I wear 31 in Cast 2).

View attachment 1108799

I can’t tell from the pic but are the pockets pulling? If so go up a size. If not you might get that sweet spot on the stretch.

You’re a medium in Escos right? Honestly I think those might be mistagged. They shouldn’t fit significantly tighter than escos

toomuchsauce

Reaction score
Just copped black Rios from the restock. Went with L, I wear 31 in denim. Still confused from all the sizing talk so hoping for the best

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t tell from the pic but are the pockets pulling? If so go up a size. If not you might get that sweet spot on the stretch.

You’re a medium in Escos right? Honestly I think those might be mistagged. They shouldn’t fit significantly tighter than escos

My escos were also skin tight and few people said to size up but they've stretched nicely and in fact sag a bit after multiple wears (around 4-5 wears). So hard to say without knowing how much they'll give. But I am curious for the large to arrive for comparison.

(Shipping and returns get pricey from US to Canada).

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New era used to offer a washed black strap back cap. one of the nicest i've come across. The one JE rocking reminds me of it. Wish he dropped more hats, no yamaha

Any other suggestions for hats out there?

I picked up two from Noah NYC last season that I like a ton. Dad cap silhouette but with a little extra depth. John's always look super shallow which doesn't work for me.

https://noahny.com/collections/hats/products/canvas-core-logo-hat?variant=13680334667835

zabo358

Reaction score
My escos were also skin tight and few people said to size up but they've stretched nicely and in fact sag a bit after multiple wears (around 4-5 wears). So hard to say without knowing how much they'll give. But I am curious for the large to arrive for comparison.

(Shipping and returns get pricey from US to Canada).
My dune Rios came in today so I’ll post a pic later of how they look out if the box vs my worn in black ones.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Free returns got me wanting to try Boucle Ebisus, but I just can’t pull the trigger at full price, since I know I’ll keep them if I like them lol.

chris_rosario

Reaction score
Was able to get Wharf at 50% off so figured I would give it a shot since it has been my favorite denim of this season. It's reminds me of Saint Laurent's destroyed denim expect there are patches instead of rips, which is nice longevity purposes. I was worried this was going to be too similar to Cloverdale in terms of wash, but after comparing I think they are different enough to justify both pairs.

View attachment 1108370

View attachment 1108371

View attachment 1108372

View attachment 1108373

View attachment 1108374

View attachment 1108375

View attachment 1108376
Where did you find the wharf for half off?

djkillahcam

Reaction score
Free returns got me wanting to try Boucle Ebisus, but I just can’t pull the trigger at full price, since I know I’ll keep them if I like them lol.
I tried them... the boucle texture is great but the Ebisu shape is very underwhelming. Also, the cuff doesn’t even stay up. It’s a pretty loose hem that just falls to the ankle, smh. Wish they did them as Rio’s or Esco’s.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried them... the boucle texture is great but the Ebisu shape is very underwhelming. Also, the cuff doesn’t even stay up. It’s a pretty loose hem that just falls to the ankle, smh. Wish they did them as Rio’s or Esco’s.

Damn that doesn’t sound good... I was gonna size down because the measurements in sizing down are comparable to my Esco and Rio size..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads