1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. kcinirni

kcinirni Well-Known Member

I’ve been considered the wharfs lately. Stock photos don’t do them justice. Cloverdales look nice too

2. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Distinguished Member

Hyde’s looks good, did they sell out or did they just take them off the site?

3. Loganmo

Loganmo Member

What's the general consensus on the better everyday hoodie, OS cropped or Raglan? If so, why?

4. kcinirni

kcinirni Well-Known Member

The Hyde’s have definitely grown on me I’ll say. They probably got pulled from the site. If I remember correctly someone did mention they were offered during the sample sale. I don’t think any stores picked them up either.

5. greygod

greygod Senior Member

Is the dune ivy sweater in stock anywhere other than je site? Need a L

6. Rnt

Rnt Senior Member

7. nepats81

nepats81 Distinguished Member

depends on your build. If more muscular go with OS cropped and slimmer go with raglan. I have both and like both though.

8. boxdok

boxdok Senior Member

Are the Wharf and Cloverdales the same sz?. the Wharfs look a good bit smaller.

9. zabo358

zabo358 Senior Member

Same size. Cloverdales have had the loosest top block of all my JE denim. If anything I’d say Cloverdales run a tad big.

10. nepats81

nepats81 Distinguished Member

Do they have a dirty cast to them or no?

11. toomuchsauce

toomuchsauce Active Member

Both are awesome, but I think OS cropped is nicer because the hood is smaller and the waist band is looser. Just a better looking piece overall IMO. The waist band on raglan rides up on me as I move around.

That being said raglan is 100% worth it especially when you can find them on deep discount

12. thereaintnofutureinthis

thereaintnofutureinthis Active Member

I know they arent well liked on this thread but I got my University Tee in last night, the single stitch detail is cool, makes the shirt look a lot cleaner and would probably be better on a regular or even a slim silhouette, but its nice for variation since I only wear black and gray lol.
    If anyone's looking into getting a university tee and youre on the fence, definitely size down. It fits in the chest like a basalt but has a wider neck and its longer so sizing down doesnt seem like itd be as much of an issue (the problem I had with sizing down with the basalt was that it was too short). I went with my TTS and its pretty huge on me, and I like oversized fits, I also made the fatal mistake of leaving it out overnight and my cat decided to sleep on it, so I cant return/exchange it in good faith, Ill try shrinking it in the wash or something lol

tl;dr: University Tee is alright, has some cool details, you should probably size down unless youre into really really oversized fits.

13. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Distinguished Member

Very helpful, thanks!

14. jstrath406

jstrath406 Distinguished Member

It must vary between pairs, because mine were tight in the top block and no looser than my other JE pairs

15. zabo358

zabo358 Senior Member

I think so but not nearly as much as wharf.