1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Rnt

Rnt Senior Member

Sahara actually. But i can see that its confusing. They are so alike. But nope sahara! Anyone has side by side of sahara and mox by any chance?

2. JR918

JR918 Distinguished Member

Did you stay tts?

3. Rnt

Rnt Senior Member

I did. As a fellow member said i should have sized up but i disagree. They were tight but they have already stretched after a day and im sure they will stretch a lot after 2 weeks. I always buy my denim tight tight. But also wouldn't size down as for example onyx :-D
    So yes, tts.

4. Rnt

Rnt Senior Member

Ah just read this. Should be fine. Depends on how inbetween you are. Also with 'tts' i meant JE tts.

5. 97laxlude

97laxlude Senior Member

I bought my usual size and they were one of the tightest out of the box. They stretched out comfortably after about 5 full wears. They are one of my favorite pairs currently.

6. JR918

I meant JE true to size. I wear a 28 and they always start out really tight but stretch out to perfection. I did size up in my Nimbus and they fit great but a tad loose in the waste And I don’t mind

7. Wally_SF

Wally_SF Senior Member

How tall are you? Sahara is one of my favourite washes, they don’t stack like springs or Pompeii’s though (they are the baked in crease style). The inseam on mine is around 32” unless I pull them down

8. Rnt

Rnt Senior Member

Same yeah, they're one of my shortest :(

9. Rnt

Rnt Senior Member

I'd just stay 28. Unless it's like 100$ haha. If you want that 'perfection'.

10. JR918

5’9-5’10ish.

11. Wally_SF

Wally_SF Senior Member

I almost wish they re released them without the baked in creases, like the springs or coast 2’s

At that height you should be fine. I took my normal JE size if that helps

12. npa23

npa23 Senior Member

Ya'll go TTS on basalt?

13. JR918

Mechanic jacket aka summer blouson just arrived. I’ll get a fit pic posted later. Jacket is nice but if you don’t like paint or cropped jackets then this isn’t for you. I’m glad it has pockets but it’s fairly thin with no liner so kind of like a denim overshirt. The sleeves seems wide but works well with this style. Stayed tts and it hits right at my waist and I can easily zip it up over a hoodie.

Really like JEs new packaging with labeled paper now.

A564C0A8-DA89-4C52-A71F-A4CCCC4E5378.jpeg

FF6ABAE2-EF5E-4C69-872F-2F5F416A02E0.jpeg

14. Rnt

Rnt Senior Member

That tag looks dope. Def feeling the wash.

15. Rnt

Rnt Senior Member

Yeah man. They could also just keep it at 34 inch when creased