• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kobe15

Reaction score
@JohnElliottCo Any plans to restock the flash dual fullzip hoodies? Dark grey? Thanks

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still haven't heard an answer on why the new Over shirt is priced the same as the older season with leather yoke though.

tokyocean

Reaction score
Still haven't heard an answer on why the new Over shirt is priced the same as the older season with leather yoke though.

The official John Elliott + Co representative talked about this in the previous page.

Last edited:

epryor

Reaction score
I understand this is business in the end and some fabrics will cost more than others. I'm not naive to that point. I will continue to support and buy products you release.

I appreciate the approach and essentially the risk you take with most of the products. I mean, who the hell would think about an elongated sweatpant? I'm on board for most things, but some I don't agree with. But hey, for every person that doesn't, there is a person that will purchase.

In the end, the customer service is what will keep me coming back. The products are great and even if they are a bit pricey, I know I will be taken care of on the service side of things as I have times in the past. Serious kudos for that.

tokyocean

Reaction score
I understand this is business in the end and some fabrics will cost more than others. I'm not naive to that point. I will continue to support and buy products you release.

I appreciate the approach and essentially the risk you take with most of the products. I mean, who the hell would think about an elongated sweatpant? I'm on board for most things, but some I don't agree with. But hey, for every person that doesn't, there is a person that will purchase.

In the end, the customer service is what will keep me coming back. The products are great and even if they are a bit pricey, I know I will be taken care of on the service side of things as I have times in the past. Serious kudos for that.

I wholeheartedly agree. The John Elliott + Co staff are good people.

TorontoGTA

Reaction score
Dark grey villain will not restock until July according to Brandi. I've been trying to exchange my medium for a large since early December....
Jeez..
July ?

I thought they said it would restock at the end of January

fdyla

Reaction score

Jeez..
July ?

I thought they said it would restock at the end of January

Brandi said it was "pushed back until around July." Definitely a bummer. I've been trying to get a dark grey villain for months and decided to size up on my preorder but they were out of stock.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Learn not to take everything so seriously, man. I'm not preaching anything. Why did you have to bring up "Asian"? Race isn't that relevant unless you're racist. How do you know I'm lonely? You don't personally know me to say that. I have a good number of friends, people who invite me to hang out with them on a frequent basis.

I'm just bringing in my perspective on the latest trends and whatnot, and you just had to ruin it by saying you don't want to see pictures of men. It does relate to what we're talking about, doesn't it? See, I see style as much more than just clothes. It's art, and if you can't appreciate how trendy it is nowadays for men to grow their hair out, I just don't know what to say.

For instance, this guy right here (thysonb on Instagram), has the same hairstyle. It's so trendy nowadays. Look at the comments from girls. I just happen to think that the trend is interesting because this wasn't as prevalent a decade ago. I find it hilarious that some of them made a reference to Jesus, considering the fact that I do think it's trendy nowadays for men to look like Thor and Jesus. I even saw this one guy at school who has the exact same hairstyle. You have to at least understand where I'm coming from. I'm an enthusiast of the art world. I've always wondered why models, especially male models, don't smile so much in photos and on the runway. What started this? I've always wondered why certain trends come and go. With that said, I'm just intrigued with how this trend of men with long, blonde hair started. Maybe it was Thor, the movie that came out in 2011, that started it. It's amusing because I've seen so many men with that look; they could easily be mistaken for each other.

PacSun's Reign + Storm model also has that same hairstyle.

You just convinced me to grow my hair out.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

^ Thanks for you reply. Every garment is priced differently based on the sewing costs of that particular garment, the fabric used, etc. The truth is, we are pricing this piece fairly based on the cost of materials and labor. We are aware that people would perhaps like these at a lower price, and that we could maybe even sell more that way. We are not simply pricing at "what the market can tolerate" as some have suggested. For example, based on many factors the Hooded Villain could and maybe should already be over the $200 price point, but we are trying to keep our goods in line with the prices we started at. We take pride in manufacturing quality garments in the United States that we stand behind and are fairly price based on the high end materials we use.

If any of this were remotely true, which it isnt, you should be hiring new management staff

Theres nothinng wrong with wanting to make money. Its not immoral. But theres no need to bullshit people

Last edited:

tokyocean

Reaction score
You just convinced me to grow my hair out.

I'm glad to know you're considering it, brother. Trust me. I'm sure it would be a cool experience. It goes well with John Elliott + Co's aesthetics.

If any of this were remotely true, which it isnt, you should be hiring new management staff

Theres nothinng wrong with wanting to make money. Its not immoral. But theres no need to bullshit people

Take it easy, brother.

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to know you're considering it, brother. Trust me. I'm sure it would be a cool experience. It goes well with John Elliott + Co's aesthetics.

Take it easy, brother.

I guess I'll have to wear a beanie for the rest of the year until my hair reaches critical aesthetics.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads