• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tokyocean

Reaction score
This is the theme song of this thread.

Song: "New Slaves"
Artist: Kanye West
Album: Yeezus
0.jpg

helvete

Reaction score

0.jpg
I know I speak for everyone here but please man, save yourself and just go away.

ItsJustDifferen

Reaction score
JE is getting very popular(due to mostly blogs & celebrities wearing their stuff)so unfortunately its attracting douchebags from around the world who have nothing better else to do but come on here and comment/judge how other men spend their money. if you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the topic, do us all a favor, dont comment.

jthom931

Reaction score

0.jpg
No ******* kidding.

You're essentially that kid in class that won't shut up because he believes what he has to say is akin to the word of God himself.

Go preach your "gospel" somewhere else.

Get a clue dude, people on here see this **** as a nuisance from the random lonely asian kid in california. Please, go pillage some other forum with your none sense.

We all come here for the latest JE updates (& the odd time they throw us a bone), size questions, etc. Honestly, you're single handedly ruining this forum

Last edited:

tokyocean

Reaction score

JE is getting very popular(due to mostly blogs & celebrities wearing their stuff)so unfortunately its attracting douchebags from around the world who have nothing better else to do but come on here and comment/judge how other men spend their money. if you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the topic, do us all a favor, dont comment.

But you have to understand that I love this brand. I have a good number of pieces. I am just trying to make sure we don't go overboard. We're a family here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@JohnElliottCo any info on the new mix grey? Is it similar to the old grey? Also will the new grey blend be of this mix?

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People are talking about the products and pricing

Seems like Tokyo is the only one with left field/troll post

tokyocean

Reaction score
No ******* kidding.

You're essentially that kid in class that won't shut up because he believes what he has to say is akin to the word of God himself.

Go preach your "gospel" somewhere else.

Get a clue dude, people on here see this **** as a nuisance from the random lonely asian kid in california. Please, go pillage some other forum with your none sense.

We all come here for the latest JE updates (& the odd time they throw us a bone), size questions, etc. Honestly, you're single handedly ruining this forum

Learn not to take everything so seriously, man. I'm not preaching anything. Why did you have to bring up "Asian"? Race isn't that relevant unless you're racist. How do you know I'm lonely? You don't personally know me to say that. I have a good number of friends, people who invite me to hang out with them on a frequent basis.

I'm just bringing in my perspective on the latest trends and whatnot, and you just had to ruin it by saying you don't want to see pictures of men. It does relate to what we're talking about, doesn't it? See, I see style as much more than just clothes. It's art, and if you can't appreciate how trendy it is nowadays for men to grow their hair out, I just don't know what to say.

For instance, this guy right here (thysonb on Instagram), has the same hairstyle. It's so trendy nowadays. Look at the comments from girls. I just happen to think that the trend is interesting because this wasn't as prevalent a decade ago. I find it hilarious that some of them made a reference to Jesus, considering the fact that I do think it's trendy nowadays for men to look like Thor and Jesus. I even saw this one guy at school who has the exact same hairstyle. You have to at least understand where I'm coming from. I'm an enthusiast of the art world. I've always wondered why models, especially male models, don't smile so much in photos and on the runway. What started this? I've always wondered why certain trends come and go. With that said, I'm just intrigued with how this trend of men with long, blonde hair started. Maybe it was Thor, the movie that came out in 2011, that started it. It's amusing because I've seen so many men with that look; they could easily be mistaken for each other.

PacSun's Reign + Storm model also has that same hairstyle.

Last edited:

epryor

Reaction score

We really do try our best to have competitive and fair pricing. Our fabrics are imported from Japan or custom knitted domestically, our hardware comes from Riri (be it zippers or Cobrax buttons), and everything is sewn and finished in Los Angeles. We are by no means price gouging you guys, this is the cost of doing business with the quality of goods that we produce domestically. There are many factors that go into pricing, and that sometimes means taking a hit on our margin to get it out for the price we sell it. Perhaps the Rue doesn't look as complicated to you as the Villain, but if you have a chance to check it out, look at the sewing details and different components to the piece. We do not raise prices just for the sake of it.

I wasn't going to reply, but since I was quoted, I will certainly add my two cents.

I've ordered plenty over the past 2 months. I own most of the current collection in plenty of color ways and even went the distance on the over shirts. My reason for that was the quilted leather yoke to justify the price. In my opinion, the $325 was worth it.

Now let's take the recently released SS15 over shirts that don't feature anything new, or even the same for that matter, but for the same price. Surely the fabrics aren't THAT more pricey than the Japanese flannel with leather details and RiRi buttons.

I don't claim to know anything about the production of high quality goods, but from an outsiders perspective, it looks like you are trying to get what you can. Nothing is wrong with that by any means, but don't expect people who have shelled out thousands on quality products to turn in to sheep.

To finish, I actually like the Rue hoodie and will probably purchase a couple color ways simply based on the fact no one is doing (or trying) what you guys are doing right now. The cut is on point.

I appreciate everything JE is trying to do. This is by no means a hate post. Simply my two cents.

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ Thanks for you reply. Every garment is priced differently based on the sewing costs of that particular garment, the fabric used, etc. The truth is, we are pricing this piece fairly based on the cost of materials and labor. We are aware that people would perhaps like these at a lower price, and that we could maybe even sell more that way. We are not simply pricing at "what the market can tolerate" as some have suggested. For example, based on many factors the Hooded Villain could and maybe should already be over the $200 price point, but we are trying to keep our goods in line with the prices we started at. We take pride in manufacturing quality garments in the United States that we stand behind and are fairly price based on the high end materials we use.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads