• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fdyla

Reaction score

Dis the dark grey villain hoodie restock today? It still says sold out

Dark grey villain will not restock until July according to Brandi. I've been trying to exchange my medium for a large since early December....

victoorious

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the Midnight Navy Bomber. got it today. Thin jacket. Pricey IMO but I think its worth it if you got extra cash to spend.

Last edited:

g33m

Reaction score
How big is the zipper pocket on the Rue? Does is connect to the kangaroo hand pockets? Is it big enough to fit a paperback book?

Bertdinner2

Reaction score
I actually really liked this drop. I Only got the dune u neck and long sleeve extended charcoal mercer buuut I think I'm going to grab the grey kitos and either a midnight rue or villain.

Cg23

Reaction score

This is why I love, appreciate, and respect John Elliott + Co. There's great attention to detail. A lot of work went into the manufacturing process of the goods. I was merely testing some of these guys, making sure they were paying for the right reasons. Some people out there buy expensive things to buy expensive things without thinking about whether or not they're getting what they're paying for. John Elliott + Co definitely has my respect and support.

While i completely understand where JE is coming from, it's impossible not to notice the incredible detail in the pieces as i have been victim(as everyone probably at one point is) to paying way too much for a 'brand' that may mass produce so the final product ends up lacking in quality and detail. So it is very nice that JE is one of the few brands that strives for very very intricate detail. With that said, it is a little hard to see a flannel the same price as one that was another conversation piece as to why it was on the pricier sides, but with the reason being the quilted lambskin leather it kinda sucked it was expensive but yet understood because of the quilted leather yoke. Even stated by JE eventually that was the basis of the price being a little higher because of the leather yoke, so although i do see the attention to detail in all of the items, it is a little wierd seein an almost identical product minus the 'expensive part' but with the same price as the one with the leather yoke. I love JE's stuff so not tryin to hate, just my perspective.

tokyocean

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the Midnight Navy Bomber. got it today. Thin jacket. Pricey IMO but I think its worth it if you got extra cash to spend.

Not worth it in my opinion. There are plenty other bomber jackets that are thicker, comprised of great quality, and still priced lower than this one. Maybe a lot of work went into this jacket, but I'm also speaking for my fellow consumers. You can find thicker jackets out there that will keep you warm. Isn't that what jackets are for? They're for keeping you warm. If it's too warm outside to wear a jacket, don't wear one. I'm sure you can still show off your beautiful and great-quality T-shirt that costs $80 and jeans that cost $275.

Last edited:

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
Midnight Rue Hoodie sold out with quickness lol odd nobody is buying any of the other colors....

lowk

Reaction score

is this the cast cobalt denim?

Where'd this pic come from? I've seen some shots from the same shoots, but havent seen the fits with bombers and some other stuff.

tokyocean

Reaction score
Midnight Rue Hoodie sold out with quickness lol odd nobody is buying any of the other colors....

It's understandable. The people want a new color in their wardrobe.

While i completely understand where JE is coming from, it's impossible not to notice the incredible detail in the pieces as i have been victim(as everyone probably at one point is) to paying way too much for a 'brand' that may mass produce so the final product ends up lacking in quality and detail. So it is very nice that JE is one of the few brands that strives for very very intricate detail. With that said, it is a little hard to see a flannel the same price as one that was another conversation piece as to why it was on the pricier sides, but with the reason being the quilted lambskin leather it kinda sucked it was expensive but yet understood because of the quilted leather yoke. Even stated by JE eventually that was the basis of the price being a little higher because of the leather yoke, so although i do see the attention to detail in all of the items, it is a little wierd seein an almost identical product minus the 'expensive part' but with the same price as the one with the leather yoke. I love JE's stuff so not tryin to hate, just my perspective.

I agree. I think many of us here are addicts. I don't think it's healthy. Many of us here have more than enough clothing. I'm a style enthusiast, too, so I always want more and more clothing. However, I think I should remind us all that we should keep a lot of our money in our savings. Let's not spend too lavishly.

Last edited:

nickcc88

Reaction score
You can pick up from their warehouse? I work a few blocks away from their warehouse and just paid for shipping haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads