1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

Will the Rider Jacket be a JE website exclusive? Or will it be available at stockists?

2. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

A select few stockists have picked up this style, but it will release on our site first.

3. victoorious

victoorious Senior member

Brandi told me the 23rd earlier today, is this not true?

4. StPauli

StPauli Senior member

Only XL and XXL left for the Midnight Blue Hooded Villain.

@JohnElliottCo Will this be coming to other stockists, or is it a site exclusive?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  5. Joebo21

Joebo21 Senior member

this damn midnight villain

1 person likes this.
  6. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

I'm same weight you have 2" on me tho, I have XL

7. NKNK

NKNK New Member

Sorry for complete off topic question new to thread

Does the je gap collection crew necks the olive one fit similar to villain normally wear large but xl in villains do I need to size up for je gap collection as well? Please help with any feedback y'all have much appreciated ... Shout out to John Elliott went back and forth on some emails very cool nimble guy

8. nymvon

nymvon Active Member

Sent you a pm

9. optimaasprime

Gap fits regular not slim

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  10. NKNK

NKNK New Member

You recommend large in gap collection if I wear xl in je villain? Thanks for response

11. optimaasprime

Yeah

12. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

How do yall wear the kitos? Scrunched all the way at the bottom (I think I saw a few models wearing it like that on the runway)? Or scrunched knees and below like the model on the site? I just got mine in and I'm trying to figure out how to wear them. Might take some time getting getting used to with the 42" inseam and the dropcotch.

13. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

I wear them on my head like a rasta

14. StPauli

StPauli Senior member

I would start the stacking below the knee. I think they are far too long for most to only stack around the ankles.

15. drb1911

drb1911 Well-Known Member

Rider jacket looks pretty good. I find much of my outerwear is a small, though I typically wear a medium in clothing items. Relative to the market and the style the price is probably pretty fair, but I'm just not sure I'd want buy from a relatively unestablished outerwear maker. JE's niche is sweats/hoodies, etcetera. The design is quality, but those are Burberry like prices, and I personally think Burberry makes amazing coats and jackets. Side note: for the price however, I'd like to see a much nicer tag inside my jacket..that tag doesn't hold up on the tees that well, I really don't see it holding up on a leather jacket. What if I actually decide to hang this expensive coat up on a hook. Otherwise just got for a nice clean JE&co leather patch inside the jacket...or a nice sturdy chain or link that is actually functional. At this price everything matters to me. Might be one of those pieces worth buying, and trying it on just to gauge the quality.

On another note, I will say these prices are getting a bit unbearable. It's like JE came to the market with rinsable prices, got a strong following and as expected prices are on the rise. Pretty basic business tactic. These flimsy overshirt prices are ridiculous. I own a couple of the heavier ones for winter and though overpriced, I wear them a lot. These Spring/Summer shirts are so light that I can't understand why anyone would actually buy one over a Jcrew slim fit long sleeve button down. It's hard to justify that cobrax buttons and the cut are worth three times what is being sold by others...guess we are now paying for the name of the brand to an extent. I'm sure this price can be explained away by some special stitching/design technique, but I'm just not a believer. The rest of his price points seem reasonable, just really don't understand the overskirts.

*please excuse any typos

1 person likes this.
  16. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

^ We truly try to give our customers the best price we possibly can. The leather jacket is handmade in Los Angeles with all Riri hardware and premium leather. We are well aware that we would actually benefit from having a lower price on some of these items and are not interested in raising prices just because we can or as a strategic business model. The goal is always to bring our products to market at as accessible a price as possible without risking the quality that we stand behind.

J.Crew can run massive quantities of button down shirts overseas at a low retail price. We do not have that same business model.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  17. ItsJustDifferen

ItsJustDifferen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Kito's finally came in. Def worth every penny.

1 person likes this.
  18. starlord22

starlord22 Active Member

[​IMG]
    Is this piece what everybody is talking about?

19. eugen eugen

eugen eugen Senior member

^yes thats what i did!

20. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

I doubt they are going to put it online for 2 weeks before it's available.