1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Distinguished Member

Go with what works, you kill that shit

2. nsubrmnn

Nice pics! That looks solid on you! I think it looks great.

Is the material that different from previous iterations, it looks very similar?

The OG bogota was water repellant as well. And what was the old lining? Was it not primaloft?

3. Crshngdwn

Crshngdwn Senior Member

Thanks man, I'm leaning toward keeping it.

My OG Bogota also did well in the rain. Since this is the first time they've called out "water-repellent finish" in the product description, I took that to mean it's also DWR treated. The OG bogota had an Italian nylon shell and a Thermolite lining, but this version has a Japanese shell with a primaloft lining. Same function, different company. I don't picture myself noticing a change between the two. The shell of this one is more soft, shiny, and smooth than the OG bogota, hoping that doesn't mean it's less durable.

I probably won't notice any of these changes in wearing it, but when I'm dropping this much on a jacket I tend to take notice of all the details...

4. nsubrmnn

You should, it looks solid on you. maybe don’t take off the tags, sale szn is just around the corner. You might be able to get it on the cheap

5. 97laxlude

97laxlude Senior Member

Sooo if you like pocket flaps buy this one and if you don't just stick with the last one. That's what I've gathered overall.
    Sounds like the fit other than maybe a slight crop remains the same. Fit looks good on you.

6. afionas05

afionas05 Senior Member

I know for many of us the mr. P distressed denim is a grail. Some one on Grailed just posted a size 28 basically new, for those looking. If anyone out there has a size 30 please let me know, have been looking forever.

7. bbconair

bbconair Senior Member

do we even know if those are diff than carbons?

8. bbconair

bbconair Senior Member

can we get some jaq thumper fit pics on here? can't wait...

9. tommo

tommo Well-Known Member

Guys does anyone know where I can get a pair of scarab jeans in a 32? Searching everywhere

10. nsubrmnn

Hypebeast had an article about the pre spring drop. Looks like there is a collaboration with black means, I’m guessing it’s the shearling trucker? If so, that thing is going to be expensive AF. :confused2:

Also they had an additional pic, which looks like didn’t make it into the official look book... type 3 and cords. Type 3 looks a little too cyan for my taste, and the blood stains aren’t helping. Maybe they got axed?

AFA53DEE-8A96-4320-85DE-0DAE6BDD7FA3.jpeg

11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Distinguished Member

Just a heads up on the rio. I would go true to size on them. I got an xs and I don’t think they will stretch out enough for me to like the look. The xs basically look like leggings and I have really skinny legs.

12. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

What size do you wear in Escobar for comparison if you don't mind? Small?

13. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Distinguished Member

I can fit xs escobars easily. These are a different story. Granted my Escobars are a few years old now.

14. srizvi722

srizvi722 Distinguished Member

If you grabbed brown, let us know how the color is my dude!

15. puttysan

puttysan Well-Known Member

hows sizing for the JE af1s?
    tts or size down 0.5?