• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tokyocean

Reaction score

Happy New Year to ya'll. I just purchased some Belstaff sweats. Would like to see John Elliott do something like this in the future as well--considering out of all sweatpants I've purchased, JE has the most slim fit styles.
How about we just all save ourselves some money and create our own clothing? We can make money in the process, too. The Escobar sweatpants are close enough, man.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about we just all save ourselves some money and create our own clothing? We can make money in the process, too. The Escobar sweatpants are close enough, man.

Similar enough, but I am in pharmacy school right now, and for the past 2 1/2 years I've wore nothing but sweats. Still have 1 1/2 more years until graduation, so it would be cool to have different varieties. I know the quilted one was done previously, but I just couldn't fall in love with it, was a bit heavy on the quilting area. Was just throwing out an idea--esp. with balmain coming out with some baller sweatpants--and I'm definitely not on board with spending 1k on sweatpants, or even denim in general. Too rich for my blood.

I'd also love to see deep maroon/burgundy tees in the future.

jthom931

Reaction score

yea u can tell that ur more fit then ur average person, I'm thin as well and prefer it way more then being bulky. So the tees fit me like the do you and I kind of like how the sleeves are to be honest. Yea it looks a little weird in this pic but I think it has a nice interesting silhouette in real life.

Thanks man. Couldn't agree more about the mercer tees

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@JohnElliottCo I know there wasn't anything in the lookbooks/previews, but is there any plan (however loose) of a short sleeve hoody in the terry? I know there's the rebel, and I know the villain crew had one, but I mean using the standard terry and with a hood?

malcolm4819

Reaction score

Who's rocking some JE+ pieces out tonight for NYE festivities?
Layered my standard Black Villian under a leather jacket last night.

@JohnElliottCo
 I know there wasn't anything in the lookbooks/previews, but is there any plan (however loose) of a short sleeve hoody in the terry? I know there's the rebel, and I know the villain crew had one, but I mean using the standard terry and with a hood?
A regular length s/s Villian would have so perfect.

dantatzai

Reaction score

If I wear a large in tees and villain hoodies should I go with XL in the stadium jacket?

IMO .. A large should still fit but the inner lining is constricting when you lift your arms up. Xlarge if you want it looser and plan on layering more than a tee

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, their in store inventory is completely separate. For whatever reason, a lot of what's in store isn't online.

Potsnu

Reaction score

Finally. Pics of the loopwheel on. Appreciate that. Everything looks good. I have the same problem with the tees and the sleeves flaring out, still wear them, it's mymotivation to bulk up.. But I find myself wearing the long sleeve JE tees on the daily.

So, I'm not the only one who sees stuff like that as motivation to bulk up.

It's never too late to start. I got into it when I was 29 and weighed around 125 lbs, and now I'm 155 lbs. two years later. Though it seems hard to strike a balance from getting too big and it becomes hard to shop off the rack with the right proportions.

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
I don't think anything is getting restocked due to SS15 coming out soon!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads