• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vindeleon90

Reaction score
The thing is the Large isn't that much bigger in the biceps/arms area, it's just longer in body length I think. I'm 5'10 and my 41 Overshirt in Medium is really tight too, I'm 5'10 145lbs

yeah i wear a size large. if i do a "hugging" motion i will pop out of the shirt. I am swimming in an xl though so id rather have it be fitted. wish there was a size in between lol

Potsnu

Reaction score

Speculations or info on the Harvey Nichols collaboration?

For the first time ever, they will slap a logo on their clothing. Giant Union Jack on the back of Villain hoodies with red/white drawstrings.

You heard it here first, don't sleep on this drop as it's super exclusive!

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
For the first time ever, they will slap a logo on their clothing. Giant Union Jack on the back of Villain hoodies with red/white drawstrings.

You heard it here first, don't sleep on this drop as it's super exclusive!

lol what's up with all you negative comments lately

Potsnu

Reaction score
Perhaps my sarcasm can be misconstrued for negativity.

Harvey Nichols is a solid account, generally brands don't do a whole lot of exclusive drops for signing up a new retailer. Generally brands and retailers do a collaboration for a significant anniversary.

i.e. If Roden Gray was doing a 15th year anniversary they might hit up JE and do a capsule collection

or

If JE was celebrating 5 years they might make something exclusive for a retailer

Generally buyers/retailers who sign up a new brand care about two things: the best dead net cost possible or listing fees

tokyocean

Reaction score
There is no collaboration as of yet. This was to announce our newest international stockist for SS15.

I see. Thanks for the clarification! I'm just glad we don't have to get all anxious for yet another collection. I'm sure we addicts on here already stress out about JE clothing enough.

MNadel001

Reaction score
does anyone know what the limited CW of the crash crew is for this international stock list? Also, charcoal class crew size large anyone?

isladestat

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm a JE newbie. I'm wondering what size I should order for the Villain hoodie.

I'm a stocky/husky build. I'm 5'7 about 190 lbs. Broad shoulders, wide chest, and a bit of a beer belly.

If it helps, I wear an XL in American Apparel zip up hoodies.

Is it even worth if for me to cop since I'm not the prototypical slim type?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

How often do you guy wash your escobars? Do you treat them like denim (rarely wash) or do you wash every wear? I'm just concerned I'll ruin the terry by washing too often.
i got like 4-5 pairs and I honestly never wash them...I don't like to wash nice clothes. I mean if I spilled something on them or something I'd wash them but not otherwise. I don't like run around playing basketball in them or sweat in them at all so I'd rather not ruin them in the washer.

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

Hey Guys,

I'm a stocky/husky build. I'm 5'7 about 190 lbs. Broad shoulders, wide chest, and a bit of a beer belly.

honestly I don't think the villains would fit ur build well at all, unless ur okay with them being really long

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Being 5'7 190 lbs I would say not to even bother, I'm 5'10 145lbs and the Large size is very slim on me, but if you would to try I would say L.

isladestat

Reaction score
honestly I don't think the villains would fit ur build well at all, unless ur okay with them being really long

I mean, me being my size, I'm used to wearing tall tees and hoodies that are long. My issue was if I ordered an XL or XXL the length of the arms would be too much. Thanks for the feedback.

Being 5'7 190 lbs I would say not to even bother, I'm 5'10 145lbs and the Large size is very slim on me, but if you would to try I would say L.

Preciate the feedback. I think I'll hold out on the villains until I actually run into them at a store.

jthom931

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the Black Loopwheel Villain, long sleeve mercer, midnight mercer and shadow Lima sweats

The Loopwheel fabric is very impressive. Quite comfortable and forgiving compared to my heavyweight reigning champ sweatshirts, which are almost of equal weight as JE's loopwheel fabric

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads