• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vote4anh

Reaction score
How is the GAP sizing? I'm debating on getting a small or medium.

@superstaarrrr

I'm 5'8 and 165 and I usually wear a size S in all of their shirts at GAP, so I ordered a S and it's really tight especially under the armpit, everything was fine, but just tight, I'm returned it and getting a size M (It's still available), but everything else is gone.

Someone at Dublin, CA Gap at Stoneridge Mall is going to get lucky with a size S.

younglee

Reaction score
Has anyone here done international exchange for the official website?

Im from Europe and did exchange for my first order, I got first villain in medium but was too big so I exchanged it to small one.

It worked well for me, thanks for Brandi and Cody. Dont know if they are doing exchanges for international anymore... you should mail Brandi.

superstaarrrr

Reaction score
The Gap x JE jacket shirt just arrived. I ended up purchasing a small and medium.

The small looks like it fits me better but it's a lil snug around the armpit and the medium looks baggy.

Here's a pic of both size. Let me know what you guys think.

Size Medium

Size Small

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

The Gap x JE jacket shirt just arrived. I ended up purchasing a small and medium.

The small looks like it fits me better but it's a lil snug around the armpit and the medium looks baggy.

Size Medium

Size Small

Small is too tight.

tokyocean

Reaction score

Size Medium

Size Small

Honestly, I'd pass up on a piece of clothing if none of the sizes fit me well. I'm a true medium for the most part, and it just feels weird sizing up or down. Some pieces simply aren't meant to be for certain people, and we just have to deal with it. There are tons of alternatives out there for us. Maybe it's better to just go for the original JE one of look for one from a different brand.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Incidentally, if anyone ordered before the coupon code came out, email Gap CS and ask for a price adjustment.

JK2323

Reaction score
does anyone know what happened to the page where you could explore the behind the scenes of how the hooded villain is made?

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey John Elliott Team,

Any plans for the flash dual zips in the future to have drawstrings like the loop wheel collection? Looks a lot better IMO and im sure many others agree

optimaasprime

Reaction score

hey John Elliott Team,

Any plans for the flash dual zips in the future to have drawstrings like the loop wheel collection? Looks a lot better IMO and im sure many others agree
I dislike the drawstrings. I pull a majority of my drawstrings out and throw the in the trash.

vote4anh

Reaction score
Greetings,

I really enjoy anyone that adds to this thread and helpful updates.

I'm in CA and I got the Loopwheel pieces pretty quick (On Friday!)

The grey Loopwheel Flash Dual Fullzip & Loopwheel Hooded Villain caught my eye more than the black pieces, I got the pieces in a size 2/Medium

Here are some comparison with my Dark grey Villain and grey Crew Villain. Color wise I like the different shades of grey. The sizing was close as possible to the Dark grey Villain and the Loopwheel Villain with no major difference size wise.

The Loopwheel to the naked eye does not look different, but once you feel it,it's a huge difference. Soft and a bit more heavy.

I'm 5'8 & 164 and everything fits well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads