1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors, Mangue Lucy and Sons of Henrey We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Mangue Lucy, an international design collaboration based in Milan that focuses on creating fine ready-to-wear, sourcing top-quality materials and working with exceptional production facilities in Italy to offer honest, modern, and quality casual-wear, and Sons of Henrey a contemporary footwear brand, committed to producing a shoe of timeless elegance, at exceptional value.

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. j023

j023 Senior Member

Black Friday maybe?

2. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Distinguished Member

We could prob be more helpful, if you took a pic of the fit. Other questions I have:
    Are you planning on tucking your shirt in?
    What color is the blazer?
    Where do you plan on wearing this fit?

3. Jipz

Jipz Well-Known Member

Trash lighting, but first full JE fit in a while. Been in love with the o/s crewneck I got off the spring sale.

Sage.jpg

O/S Crewneck [Sage]
    Rugby T
    Coast 2

4. TheOpOg

TheOpOg Senior Member

Those shorts are sweet I had to hold myself back from buying them at full price but now kind of regret it. Kicking myself for missing them on sale for $250 on Mr.P.

On the issue of JE prices, I know we discussed this before but pretty much anything JE that isn't terry, denim, or leather is overpriced. Their shirts aren't that bad either but their outwear is especially bad. I returned the shorts because the quality was nowhere close to what I was expecting for $250. The quality has been going down but the prices are going up. Seems like JE is trying hard to get up to that next rung of pricing (while maxing those margins). I feel like once you get to those prices (fog, off-white, etc.) you attract a whole different crowd. People who buy stuff just because it's expensive and hot right now. Then the people who actually love the design and fashion part move on to another brand because they don't want to be associated with that crowd and they're smart. Let's be honest, it doesn't matter how rich you are, paying what some of these brands' are asking is just plain stupid. It's bad money management. $400 for a shirt or $750 for a thin cotton JE jacket. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself every once in a while but I would guess most of us buy 5-10 JE items a season. I know I have for the past few seasons (I have 50+ pieces now). This season I only bought 1 full price JE item (I tried to return it too). I didn;t buy anything mostly because prices were way too high or the quality wasn't there on most the things I wanted. Not to mention for two seasons straight we've seen pretty much the whole line hit 50% off a couple months after it's been released. It's almost like throwing money away if you buy it right when it drops. If they keep this up it's not going to be the brand that I rock daily and follow the releases religiously. It will be the brand that I browse over during sale szn and maybe cop a thing or two. I'm just scared their mission for premium pricing might tear apart what makes this community and brand so cool and genuine.

5. Mkchll

Mkchll Senior Member

6. mcnicol21

mcnicol21 Senior Member

I'd look into Maximum Henry.

7. 97laxlude

97laxlude Senior Member

He wore Escobar's for the Mayweather fight.

8. quickstruck

quickstruck Senior Member

Sizing help:

I'm sure this question comes up a lot, in part because Cast 2s tend to vary in terms of stretchiness. I wear a 31 in Rag & Bone fit 2s; they fit me best in the waist and thighs (I have a rather large butt/thighs) and I get them tailored/tapered to get the stacks I want. Should I stick with a 31 with Cast 2s? Or will they be too tight, regardless of stretch?

I briefly had a pair of Onyx in a size 32 but I was swimming in them at the waist, but I think they were extraordinarily stretched out. Felt like a 34.

Mainly looking for:
    Plumas, Onyx, Nimbus, Coast, Meguro, Kelso, Lithium, Carbon, Obsidian, Ozone Wash Coast, Dillons. Pretty much anything lol.

Thanks all

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018

9. dmill

dmill Senior Member

it could only be a "full JE fit" with a pair of JE High tops, low tops, sandals, or vandals/JE Nike collabs

10. Mkchll

Mkchll Senior Member

Cool! Didn't notice.

11. blue2007

blue2007 Senior Member

Sorry, you're right. The shirt would be tucked in most of the time. The blazer is navy with the patch pockets.

I will wear that at events that require smart casual, and lots of dinners with other professionals.

12. Tayne

Tayne Active Member

Those shorts are sweet! ID?

13. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Distinguished Member

Rhude plaid basketball shorts

14. turbospartan

turbospartan Well-Known Member

I was looking at those Meguros but now my size is sold out, ahh well.

Saks has a good return policy too, don't they?

15. ATKirk

ATKirk Well-Known Member

It's not too bad, actually. I bought an item online before Black Friday, and returned it in-store without tags sometime in February. No questions asked.