• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jipz

Reaction score
Trash lighting, but first full JE fit in a while. Been in love with the o/s crewneck I got off the spring sale.

Sage.jpg

O/S Crewneck [Sage]
Rugby T
Coast 2

TheOpOg

Reaction score
Lucked out this morning and grabbed the poppy shorts. Wasn’t thinking about the time zone and almost missed out.

Had worn the poppy shirt to dinner last night while here in Hawaii.

View attachment 989855
Those shorts are sweet I had to hold myself back from buying them at full price but now kind of regret it. Kicking myself for missing them on sale for $250 on Mr.P.

On the issue of JE prices, I know we discussed this before but pretty much anything JE that isn't terry, denim, or leather is overpriced. Their shirts aren't that bad either but their outwear is especially bad. I returned the shorts because the quality was nowhere close to what I was expecting for $250. The quality has been going down but the prices are going up. Seems like JE is trying hard to get up to that next rung of pricing (while maxing those margins). I feel like once you get to those prices (fog, off-white, etc.) you attract a whole different crowd. People who buy stuff just because it's expensive and hot right now. Then the people who actually love the design and fashion part move on to another brand because they don't want to be associated with that crowd and they're smart. Let's be honest, it doesn't matter how rich you are, paying what some of these brands' are asking is just plain stupid. It's bad money management. $400 for a shirt or $750 for a thin cotton JE jacket. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself every once in a while but I would guess most of us buy 5-10 JE items a season. I know I have for the past few seasons (I have 50+ pieces now). This season I only bought 1 full price JE item (I tried to return it too). I didn;t buy anything mostly because prices were way too high or the quality wasn't there on most the things I wanted. Not to mention for two seasons straight we've seen pretty much the whole line hit 50% off a couple months after it's been released. It's almost like throwing money away if you buy it right when it drops. If they keep this up it's not going to be the brand that I rock daily and follow the releases religiously. It will be the brand that I browse over during sale szn and maybe cop a thing or two. I'm just scared their mission for premium pricing might tear apart what makes this community and brand so cool and genuine.

mcnicol21

Reaction score
Need recommendation on a belt. Been wearing lately Common Projects in white with dark jeans, a tee or casual shirt with a sport blazer, but haven't been able to figure out the belt situation. Any ideas?

I'd look into Maximum Henry.

quickstruck

Reaction score
Sizing help:

I'm sure this question comes up a lot, in part because Cast 2s tend to vary in terms of stretchiness. I wear a 31 in Rag & Bone fit 2s; they fit me best in the waist and thighs (I have a rather large butt/thighs) and I get them tailored/tapered to get the stacks I want. Should I stick with a 31 with Cast 2s? Or will they be too tight, regardless of stretch?

I briefly had a pair of Onyx in a size 32 but I was swimming in them at the waist, but I think they were extraordinarily stretched out. Felt like a 34.

Mainly looking for:
Plumas, Onyx, Nimbus, Coast, Meguro, Kelso, Lithium, Carbon, Obsidian, Ozone Wash Coast, Dillons. Pretty much anything lol.

Thanks all

Last edited:

blue2007

Reaction score
We could prob be more helpful, if you took a pic of the fit. Other questions I have:
Are you planning on tucking your shirt in?
What color is the blazer?
Where do you plan on wearing this fit?

Sorry, you're right. The shirt would be tucked in most of the time. The blazer is navy with the patch pockets.

I will wear that at events that require smart casual, and lots of dinners with other professionals.

turbospartan

Reaction score
How is sizing/stretch on the Meguro's? I only own the Sahara's in a 34 and they fit well considering there isn't much stretch in those. Meguro and Zinc are both on Saks right now for ~$170 in case anyone was looking to scoop some denim for the low.

I was looking at those Meguros but now my size is sold out, ahh well.

Saks has a good return policy too, don't they?

ATKirk

Reaction score
I was looking at those Meguros but now my size is sold out, ahh well.

Saks has a good return policy too, don't they?

It's not too bad, actually. I bought an item online before Black Friday, and returned it in-store without tags sometime in February. No questions asked.

Mkchll

Reaction score
These B-ball shorts are a size Large. What do u guys think? To big is my initial reaction. Can’t decide if I should keep or send back with the blue/purple ones. Opinions please!

C999572D-E121-4B89-B11B-655876C3B402.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads