Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

It'll conform to your body and stretch a bit. Looks good though. Glad you finally received your stuff.

2. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

How'd you size the jeans/escobars?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014

3. itsJujuuu

itsJujuuu Active Member

im pretty much the same height/weight as u i recommend u to exchange for large...the arms arent long at all with the cuff of the sleeves being so tight even if its a little longer it wont drape over ur wrist it creates a bunching effect on ur arm which imo looks cooler...its noticeably small imo trust me ud appreciate it much more but if u like that snug fit then by all means keep the M :) im also a M in the shirts btw

4. itsJujuuu

itsJujuuu Active Member

so u guys think the pieces in this collection will only last tomorrow? not sure if i should buy tomorrow or wait til i get paid ;/

5. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

Depending on the price, I'm sure there isn't a lot of pieces per size.

6. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

lol all these people keep guessing like 225-250$ which I think is waaaay short. I'm guessing 350-400$ and I'll put my official guess on a villain at 368$. U heard it here first!

7. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Probably. That's why they're not revealing the prices. Leaving it up to impulse buys so you don't have much time to think about how $$$ it is.
    All good, It is what it is--can't expect a product to be affordable on my basis, when a lot actually went into producing it. Im getting my PharmD right now, still a struggling student, so if it is anything over $250, I'll stick to my regular terry items.

8. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

I went Medium on the Escobars. My GF thinks it looks a bit tight around the butt area, I could go up to a large without sacrificing the proportions too much. But I think I'll stick with the Medium.

The denim not pictured, I went with Size 30. Waist fits great right now, worried about stretching. The 29 would have fit in the waist after stretching, but I wouldn't be able to fit with the thigh measurement.

I love the graphite denim colour, reminds me of the Nom De Guerre grey denims back in the day.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014

9. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

It's hard to say, even if it goes out of stock I'm sure it would be restocked in a reasonable time. I don't think JE would have gone to all the trouble to secure a new factory, new textile, for a single collection.

I think with JE's increased exposure from Gap x GQ collection, he wants to make a bit more coin. Yet, he doesn't want to raise existing prices.

So he's introducing a premium fabric for existing models, and making his markup that way.

I would expect a 75% to 100% markup on the existing Villain prices and offer this as the "silk" version of the tees.

Now I wonder what other pieces are left, as JE had previously mentioned they were working on something that everyone was excited about in production. I hardly doubt loopwheel is getting his colleagues excited.

10. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

This price stuff is getting a little absurd. I do not expect a large quantity of items to have been made but if these price guesses are anywhere close i do not expect many pieces to sell out. Then again, they may have adjusted the quantity for that. I do think it is funny how people like to flaunt their 'money' around on a forum like 500+ for a pair of sweats that are comfortable is completely reasonable. Hey but if you can swing those kinda prices then why not, go for it. If you can drop thousands on a few pairs of sweats then i cant hate ya but you better post some fit pics for crying out loud! If it exceeds double the standard price then im out. But good luck to everyone. I guess now we play the waiting game

11. MVP-

MVP- Active Member

The butt area will stretch for sure, my medium escolars fit similarly, but tighter on the calves which stretched minimally.

In comparison, I'm like 5'9 170.

12. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

yea my idea from pricing is the comparison of regular tees to silk tees and the escobar to alma. about 100% markup. but when people are worried its gonna sell out they will be quick to cop them. i dont blame JE as its the smart thing to do. i also have both black and grey almas and while i do love them i couldnt see myself paying full retail. luckily i got one 50% off then the grey during black friday so it was 20% off then another 20 or 25% off. i forget exactly wat it was but for those prices they are well worth it.

13. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member

dirty bulk or clean bulk?

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Sorry for advertisement is becoming this forum's version of "no offense".

15. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member