1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Distinguished Member

Mislabeling is common unfortunately. The fit of clash looks good. All of my JE items are a medium and the clash is slightly looser than the villian. The one you tried on prob wasn't a true L.

2. srizvi722

srizvi722 Distinguished Member

Never thought about mislabeling. I have a grey hooded villain (M) that was always a lot larger than all my other hooded villains...so I decided to put them on top of one another..maybe I ended up getting a mislabeled large :-/ what a bust, that shouldn't happen.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014

3. tokyocean

tokyocean Senior Member

It's almost overwhelming to see how much money people are dropping on JE stuff. They're willing to shell out thousands at a time for JE. It's kind of motivating, but at the same time, being so into style in general is distracting for me. I'm a college student, by the way.

4. Dynamics

Dynamics Senior Member

I wonder if thats the case with the Villain I bought on Black Friday that came in last week. Trying it on in front of friends last week, they even said it looked small. :(

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Distinguished Member

Always measure when in doubt. I have a had a few pieces that were mislabeled. Its never an issue to get it corrected though.

6. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Distinguished Member

Send through some pics. It should be a little snug but lossen with wear

7. ohyoumad

ohyoumad Senior Member

Has anyone had some of the JE Denim altered? I have a couple pairs, the Coast and the Black pair being some, that fit me in the waist but are loose through the leg and I'd like the bottom hem a little smaller. I was worried doing it may mess up the fades that come with these. Also it seems like JE has recommended numerous times not to alter their products, but i don't know if denim falls into that category too. Thoughts?

Also, do all the sweats now have the same fit as the sweats from the "Midnight" collection? I got some sweats in with my Black Friday order and they seem even slimmer than those. I thought Midnight was going to be the new standard. I can't tell if my stuff is mislabeled or the fit has been changed yet again.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014

8. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior Member

If the denim fits you fine on the waist, but are loose through out. That either means you're skipping leg day or your waist is too big compared to the rest of your body. Usually with these type of denim cuts, the biggest issue is the thigh measurement and I size based on the thigh and not the waist.

As with any denim alternation, it really depends on how trusted your tailor is. You also have to keep in mind that if you're changing the width of the hem and the lower body, chances are you're going to lose the selvedge if that matters to you at all.

9. ubersoul

ubersoul Member

Received my pitch black villain from Black Friday sale. Waited patiently. Took two & a half weeks to Toronto, I'll say it's not so bad but hopefully the new shipping method would bring the cost down. Anyways can't wait to try it on tonight :)

10. srizvi722

I own several villain hoodies (sand, grey, black, pitch black) and my grey was always a little bit larger--but I never gave it much thought. But last night it was mentioned that sometimes the sizing/label is incorrect. I decided to compare my grey with my pitch black (since I've worn them both about 4-5 times since I've had them)--and the grey does seem substantially larger. Any opinions on it/advice on what I could do?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior Member

Your best bet is to measure the same measurements shown on the size guide on John Elliott's site and document the discrepancies. Then email them directly, perhaps they can do something for you form a customer service stand point.

While your picture does show the grey is a bit larger, every company probably has some sort of quality assurance variance range that they deem acceptable, especially for hand made items. Usually 3-5% variance is acceptable, but like I said email them and see what happens with the same posted measurements and see how far your hoodie is off.

12. srizvi722

^^ Thanks for that info.
    I guess it is a medium. Some areas measure out (eg shoulder to shoulder), some are a little larger (eg chest 1/2" larger, sleeve length 1/2" larger). But the thing that's bugging me the most is the body length. 28" in the front and a little over 29" in the back, when it's supposed to be 26"
    I never wear it BC I feel like it's too big. crazy how 1/2"-1" here and there make such a big difference.

13. Cg23

Cg23 Senior Member

Any chance on release info yet since tmw is the day (Price & Release time)? Wondering if it is a midnight release or est/pst time

14. srizvi722

I think it's 8am PST. No price info released yet

15. Cg23

Cg23 Senior Member

I hope they announce it soon