John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

I love JE but lets not forget, these are 'sweats'. Also not to be negative bc i really do love JE's stuff but lets be real here, the they last forever thing? Cmon.. What sweats even busted sweats dont 'last'? Im sure the quality will be fantasic but saying you will get them bc they 'will last for life' is a bit of a stretch. Im not sure what clothes dont last. It's not like reg JE french terry is just gonna fall apart over time haha or even any half way decent other clothes or terry. Like i said im sure they will be pretty great but 350-500 for sweats is a bit much so i will just look forward to you guys postin fit pics iif the price is anywhere near your guesses.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014

2. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Most Loopwheel stuff from premiun denim brands runs about 225-250 for most

Flathead just dropped some for 325

So it johns price is too high for you I would suggest looking on denim focused sites for loopwheel product. You will get something nice.

Very cool process all and all.

3. MVP-

MVP- Active Member

Just got in the GQ x Gap JE Overshirt. Not bad. I got it for 40% off and ordered both M and L since sizing is so hit and miss. Contemplating keeping both one as just a regular shirt, and one I can wear over my villains when it's a bit colder lol

4. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Hard to predict the price when no one here knows what the normal terry costs. If the price between the 2 isn't that great, the price won't be double. With the Alma they used more materials and more zippers. That added to the costs. With this its just a different material, the hardware aspect is the same.

5. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

Nothing against loopwheel i guess im just more curious than anything and the prices kinda caught me off guard since ive never owned any loopwheel clothing only read about how it's made so just real curious not so much on how it is made though. Does seem pretty cool from what ppl on here that own that type of clothing have been writing

6. nymvon

nymvon Active Member

how the coupon isn't working for me?

7. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

All this speculation about the price of loopwheel and whether or not it will be worth the extra premium is entertaining.

How is that any different than the Silk blend tees? They cost double the price of a normal t-shirt and yet people pay the extra premium with no issues.

Why would loopwheel be any different?

8. MVP-

MVP- Active Member

Mmm, I'm from Canada and I used an e-mail code not the one on the site.

9. godforshort

godforshort Senior member

you guys are maniacs if you spend 350+ on a hoodie that most of you already have

10. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Silk Blend>>>

I agree 100 percent. More expensive production/material/transport equals higher price. If you want it, buy it.

With that being said, copping the Grey Loopwheel Villian as I don't own a Light Grey Villian. That draw string looks nice on the Villain.

11. tokyocean

tokyocean Senior member

I'm keeping my tags, too. Always great.

On a side note, I feel like we're all thinking way too much about clothing. As much as I love clothing and style, I also dislike having to think so much about what to purchase next. All this speculation about the pricing of the upcoming loopwheel stuff is kind of stressful itself. Not cool at all. It makes me just want to start shopping at Uniqlo instead. I think this obsession with John Elliott + Co is a real addiction.

12. btylus

btylus Well-Known Member

I think all the new loopwheeled stuff will come under $300. That's just my guess from seeing what other loopwheeled garments go for. If a Robert Geller dip dye is $300 with RG being an established designer and a special dying process for the sweatshirt itself, then I predict the prices to be probably $230-$240. Maybe slightly less.

13. Mugiwara

Mugiwara Member

@JohnElliottCo /or anyone with them, how are the fits on the GAP overshirts? Should I go with the same size as I wear in your hoodies? Thanks in advance

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014

14. superstaarrrr

superstaarrrr Well-Known Member

I did the same. I bought a small and medium. BTW, how'd u get 40% off? All of these coupons excludes all GAP x GQ products.

15. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member

Call into customer service and try to get a n00bie person.