John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. tobo1221

tobo1221 Member

I know it was a pre-order so I didn't expect it to come with the rest of the items I ordered but I can't find the pre-order date. I want to say 12/9 or 12/19 but not sure. Lemme know if you get an update from JE.
    Thanks

2. kbasanti

kbasanti Well-Known Member

Prices on loopwheel collection?
    @JohnElliottCo

3. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Was hoping they did a tee as well since I just got a hoody.

:(

4. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

@JohnElliottCo Enlighten us with the prices on these loopterry items?! We'd love to know how to spend our money the rest of the week and just how much we have to save :-D

5. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member

I predict they will be 25-50% premium on top of the regular prices.

6. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

Once again i hope you are way off! Haha

7. btylus

btylus Well-Known Member

The new loop wheeled stuff will definitely be pricier! LW items are super soft and just super comfortable! I own some Robert Geller dip dye sweatshirts and they are loopwheeled! I wont be giving those up for anything! Here's a detail of the loopwheeled material on the inside...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014

8. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

What would you say is the main difference between the loopwheeled vs regular french terry?

9. btylus

btylus Well-Known Member

The main difference starts from how they are made. With loopwheeled fabric, the time it takes to make is incredibly slow as mentioned. The slowness is essential because it places no tension on the cotton yearns as they knit. Thus, the loopwheeled fabric is softer and denser than just about any other material. The softness and density are what make the fabric last & age well. Also, there are only around 200 loopwheel machines left in the ENTIRE WORLD! And all of them are pushing 70 years of service or more! So that being said, loopwheeled fabric is a complete luxury to own! With french terry, its an industrial( non-labor intensive) type of machine that makes the fabric on one side flat while the other side is looped in varying lengths. French terry is a nice fabric, but NOTHING campred to a loopwheeled fabric.

10. Joebo21

Joebo21 Senior member

@JohnElliottCo I ordered a dark grey villain along with 3 other items during the black friday sale.. I received the other 3 items and the order says fulfilled but I haven't gotten any update on the dark grey villain yet.

11. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

absolutely I'm thinking a hoodie will be around 3-350$

12. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

3-350?!?!

..And I was planning on getting both the black and grey pullover hoodie and the grey zip up...
    Might be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping they are no more than $225, but I'm guessing your range ya'll are thinking might be close to real. Probably gonna have to pass up on them then :(

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014

13. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Anyways, tiding up, and came across these. Forever supporting @JohnElliottCo
    [​IMG]

14. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

think about the alma sweats...300$ for the and they are really hyping this loop wheel machine talking about how it will last for life etc. I know as much as anyone else here but I'm guessing 3-350$ and I'm thinking it will be closer to the higher end of that.

15. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

The Nike Loopwheel Hoodie was like $200 and that was mass manufactured to a certain extent. I think even $3-350 is generous for a smaller company with more specific details and requests. Even if they charged $500 it would be a bargain compared to what other designers normally charge for their hoodies (Saint Laurent charges about $1k and I don't think its MIJ Loopwheel and feels comparable to JE's regular hoodies for less than $200).

I have to give JE a lot of credit with what they're doing. Supporting local workers and independent factories and putting out great items that are as good if not better than their "high end by name" counterparts.