1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

cheaper and easier to just get them tailored. sizing makes a big difference in how a piece looks imo.

2. superstaarrrr

superstaarrrr Well-Known Member

3. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

Does the ribbing on the crew neck sweatshirts rise up a little? Asking because if not, 26.5" length (size small) would seem too long for me (5'8")

Do the crew sweatshirts fit long? Or like a standard crewneck?

4. Ilagon

Ilagon Member

Order went through. Thanks for taking care of my order Brandi. JE customer service is top notch!

5. dantatzai

dantatzai Senior member

JE in general is cut longer but the crew sweatshirts aren't esp long or anything

6. Hennessy1

Hennessy1 Active Member

If the LS mercer tee in dune is sold out will it restock? It's not even on the site any more. Possibly a glitch? Checked all the online stockists and none of them have it [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  7. drb1911

drb1911 Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain to me if there is something particular great about this midnight color way? Just seems like good old dark/navy blue to me. I can understand and appreciate the comix color in grey, but just not blown away by the midnight...but I don't own this color by JE

8. Owl Pharaoh

Owl Pharaoh Member

Why do you guys size up on the villain? Might be a pleb question but I'm just really curious.

9. StPauli

StPauli Senior member

I normally wear medium in everything, but I have a larger chest (43") and there is only a certain amount it can stretch. Even on the Large, I am thankful for the sidezips because it is quite snug when I first put it on. A lot of things look shorter on the torso if you have a larger chest.

The t-shirts on the other hand, are very forgiving and stretch and drape nicely.

10. ItsJustDifferen

ItsJustDifferen Well-Known Member

I went with my normal size as well. thanks!

11. fdyla

fdyla Well-Known Member

lol yep. NBA All Star fashion show produced by Lebron and also has a couple more judges besides the 3 you mentioned. It's being hosted by Shaq and Kevin Hart hahaha.

12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

You are right. It's just navy. Maybe people just like navy, I don't know the hype either.

13. helvete

helvete Well-Known Member

I've been saying this for a minute: the u-neck shirts are quite long. Seriously, size down. In fact, it appears as though they've been elongated even more, unless the model shrunk. I'm on the fence about buying the new colorways because of this.

I really hope JE doesn't go even longer on the clothes. I hate, hate, hate this exaggerated silhouette look fashion brands are pushing onto men. It's silly. Brands like Fear of God are the bane of my existence as far as fashion is concerned. Looks so goofy and costume-y, and totally impractical for everyday wear.

2 people like this.
  14. drewseong

drewseong Well-Known Member

Do the escobar sweatpants ($185) stretch as you wear it? And does it shrink if you wash it?

15. Hennessy1

Hennessy1 Active Member

Like all JE terry they will stretch a little but return to normal after a delicate cold wash and hang dry.

16. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Is the White comix thicker than the regular tees? Close ups make it look like a linen.

17. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Thicker and doesn't drape. It's similar to a thick tee

18. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

JE's cuts have been perfect for those of us with bigger shoulders / chest. The biggest issue I have with other brands is that the tee fits too short on me or too baggy. Fog is ok I guess as a layer piece but not practical like Je. Hopefully they continue to come up with other cuts and keep their current style of being a bit longer but not fog long.

1 person likes this.
  19. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

They are not longer. It is possible one of our samples used in the shoot ran a bit longer and so looks longer on the model, but the spec is the same on all of these shirts.

20. mcnicol21

mcnicol21 Well-Known Member

Dune Classic Crew, White Co-Mix Classic Crew, and Midnight LS Mercer came in the mail today. Very happy with all three. So happy that I ordered the Midnight Villain and Grey Co-Mix U Neck today. Thank you JE for making clothes long enough for someone who is 6'6"!!!

Not that anyone cares, but here is my current wish list
    1) Midnight Court Shorts
    2) Grey or Charcoal Court Shorts
    3) LS Dune Mercer
    4) Charcoal Escobar Sweats
    5) Dune Villain Hoodie
    6) Olive Escobar Sweats
    7) Burgundy Mercer and U Neck
    8) Might going a little too far with this but maybe some summer color options in tees like baby/power blue or peach