• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got Hanois and Saharas in yesterday. Just got home and threw them on real quick. Both are dope. Hanois make for a good trash denim where you can real mix in that SLP aesthetic. They're lighter than JE's pictures make them look. Definitely more of a pluma blue. Sahara's have been posted about. They're an awesome summer option. Both are on the tighter side out the box. Went with my normal 32, and there was definitely no wiggle room. Sizing up though would probably a little more comfortable right away but I'm sure wouldn't give the exact fit I'm looking for especially after a little stretch happens. Overall it's just what I wanted from both and I'm officially in the can't justify more denim category.

CB6E053C-6852-4CBE-90AA-7BC6F1B6BC91.jpeg

585C7078-3E8E-49AD-B89B-6AC007663EC7.jpeg

zabo358

Reaction score
Got Hanois and Saharas in yesterday. Just got home and threw them on real quick. Both are dope. Hanois make for a good trash denim where you can real mix in that SLP aesthetic. They're lighter than JE's pictures make them look. Definitely more of a pluma blue. Sahara's have been posted about. They're an awesome summer option. Both are on the tighter side out the box. Went with my normal 32, and there was definitely no wiggle room. Sizing up though would probably a little more comfortable right away but I'm sure wouldn't give the exact fit I'm looking for especially after a little stretch happens. Overall it's just what I wanted from both and I'm officially in the can't justify more denim category.

View attachment 963902

View attachment 963903
Those Hanois are so dope. Will likely be my next pickup.

JawnElliott

Reaction score

View attachment 963902

View attachment 963903

Thanks for posting, now I need Hanois.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 963902

View attachment 963903

Look great! Been thinking about grabbing both and was thinking to size up. I think I’ll stay tts based on your review.

ElmTree

Reaction score
All these denim pickups making me want to pull the trigger on some. What are everyone's thoughts on the Iris? Haven't heard anyone speak on'em. They're the perfect shade of blue and right amount of distressing, but those streaks are pretty awful.

View attachment 963902

View attachment 963903

That tee is ill.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Denim looks good but the 500s don’t pair well at all with denim. No shade.

With this particular denim, I agree. I just threw on what was near. Denim in general, I have a couple pair they work well with but they're definitely easier to match with sweats.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All these denim pickups making me want to pull the trigger on some. What are everyone's thoughts on the Iris? Haven't heard anyone speak on'em. They're the perfect shade of blue and right amount of distressing, but those streaks are pretty awful.

That tee is ill.

The fit pics of the Iris on needsupply actually look good but you're right the streaking is hard to get passed.

ElmTree

Reaction score
The fit pics of the Iris on needsupply actually look good but you're right the streaking is hard to get passed.

They look even better in the Union pics, but Union stays doing something with their photos. They look amazing here bc the streaks are barely visible, but the streaks are highly visible on every other site I've seen'em on (Rodengray, SSense, JE). I tend to think those sites portray a more accurate depiction.

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 11.21.25 PM.png

Mkchll

Reaction score
poppy board shorts in L & XL on the site now. Was able to grab a pair! Was shocked to see this, didn’t got an email.

thatsoutbro

Reaction score
How’s the fit between the two? Did you size the same? My Coast2 are slightly lose compared to my other JE denim.

Sized both the same size 30.

My Coast2s are still pretty slim and are only slightly looser in comparison to the Sahara’s. I bought them from the most recent restock. The restock may have run slimmer. I don’t have the same loosening issue like most people report in this thread.

The Sahara’s fit nice and skinny all the way through. They fit similar to the recent run of Nimbus imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads