1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. hyyvii

hyyvii Senior Member

JE x 424 coming V SOON

2. hermesonly

hermesonly Senior Member

Tempted to cop the Fairfax Hoodie, since I graduated at Fairfax High School in LA .. hmm

3. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior Member

Got Hanois and Saharas in yesterday. Just got home and threw them on real quick. Both are dope. Hanois make for a good trash denim where you can real mix in that SLP aesthetic. They're lighter than JE's pictures make them look. Definitely more of a pluma blue. Sahara's have been posted about. They're an awesome summer option. Both are on the tighter side out the box. Went with my normal 32, and there was definitely no wiggle room. Sizing up though would probably a little more comfortable right away but I'm sure wouldn't give the exact fit I'm looking for especially after a little stretch happens. Overall it's just what I wanted from both and I'm officially in the can't justify more denim category.

CB6E053C-6852-4CBE-90AA-7BC6F1B6BC91.jpeg

585C7078-3E8E-49AD-B89B-6AC007663EC7.jpeg

4. zabo358

zabo358 Well-Known Member

Those Hanois are so dope. Will likely be my next pickup.

5. JawnElliott

JawnElliott Senior Member

Thanks for posting, now I need Hanois.

6. JR918

JR918 Distinguished Member

Look great! Been thinking about grabbing both and was thinking to size up. I think I’ll stay tts based on your review.

7. srizvi722

srizvi722 Distinguished Member

Denim looks good but the 500s don’t pair well at all with denim. No shade.

8. cstarskiii

cstarskiii Active Member

Did anyone cop the iris?

9. ElmTree

ElmTree Senior Member

All these denim pickups making me want to pull the trigger on some. What are everyone's thoughts on the Iris? Haven't heard anyone speak on'em. They're the perfect shade of blue and right amount of distressing, but those streaks are pretty awful.

That tee is ill.

10. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior Member

With this particular denim, I agree. I just threw on what was near. Denim in general, I have a couple pair they work well with but they're definitely easier to match with sweats.

11. beans718

beans718 Senior Member

surprisingly thought the exact opposite... best two examples of denim with 500s ive seen

12. 97laxlude

97laxlude Senior Member

The fit pics of the Iris on needsupply actually look good but you're right the streaking is hard to get passed.

13. ElmTree

ElmTree Senior Member

They look even better in the Union pics, but Union stays doing something with their photos. They look amazing here bc the streaks are barely visible, but the streaks are highly visible on every other site I've seen'em on (Rodengray, SSense, JE). I tend to think those sites portray a more accurate depiction.

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 11.21.25 PM.png

14. Mkchll

Mkchll Senior Member

poppy board shorts in L & XL on the site now. Was able to grab a pair! Was shocked to see this, didn’t got an email.

15. Thatsryantho

Thatsryantho Senior Member

Sized both the same size 30.

My Coast2s are still pretty slim and are only slightly looser in comparison to the Sahara’s. I bought them from the most recent restock. The restock may have run slimmer. I don’t have the same loosening issue like most people report in this thread.

The Sahara’s fit nice and skinny all the way through. They fit similar to the recent run of Nimbus imo.