• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that these are pretty tight. I usually take a 32, wanted to try a 31 cause I took a 32 in the Washed Black Mr. Porter's from years past and they're so loose now. In addition, people recommended trying down a size on the Carbons. These are what they look like with a slimmer boot not the chunky 500 but overall I'm most likely going to return them the 32's.

View attachment 963745

Looks good from that angle with the boots. My Carbons stretched out after few wears so you might alright if you’re willing to wait it out.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that these are pretty tight. I usually take a 32, wanted to try a 31 cause I took a 32 in the Washed Black Mr. Porter's from years past and they're so loose now. In addition, people recommended trying down a size on the Carbons. These are what they look like with a slimmer boot not the chunky 500 but overall I'm most likely going to return them the 32's.

View attachment 963745
How did the carbons compare to the mr p washed black?

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basic fit today

WvG/Plumas/Chucks

CFD2E265-6E32-49A2-814E-C478ACF6990D.jpeg

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need to beat those new chucks down to a pulp
lol just bought a new pair yesterday so in due time

some random brand. love the fact they dont have a dropcrotch. I'll PM you the link once I find it. Def worth the price.

If you can shoot me a PM too i will be forever grateful. Been looking for some new shorts.

c_m_c

Reaction score
Here are some comparison pics of the Sahara vs Coast 2 denim. Saharas are a bit more stiff compared to the Coast 2.

Although I really love the subtle distressing of the Sahara not sure if I can justify keeping both pairs

View attachment 963695

I have the Coast 2s and really want to get the Saharas because the feel and fit is alot better but those washes do look almost identical.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads