1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. blacktoku

blacktoku Senior Member

I have same measurements, Large in tees and most other tops

2. Wally_SF

Wally_SF Well-Known Member

Thanks, will definitely explore these

Here is the meguro after a week or 2 of wear - my butt sag has butt sag :lol: - my girlfriend took this pic and we had a good laugh, but aint a damn thing funny about paying retail ($500+ CAD ) For some bagggged out denim I dont want to wear anymore

[​IMG]

The issue is this

no description on JE website regarding the denim. Usually anything Japanese means great denim (Flathead is some of the best ever) but not the case with these - No weight listed and the 98% to 2% ratio is identical to every other pair of denim on the site. There should really be a warning to size down or to atleast some kind of information available to know what you're buying

[​IMG]

Ive owned many pairs of jeans with stretch in the past (naked and famous, nudie) to name a couple brands and I have never had a pair stretch like this? IF these brands are able to find and utilize a material that is a little more substantial and still come in at roughly 25-50% cheaper than JE I fail to see evidence that backs up the price point on the thinner stuff? Adding repairs and paint is what it is but it isn't worth hundreds? I would rather pay for a quality denim before paying for the added bells and whistles (rips, paint splatters, repairs)

3. j023

j023 Senior Member

Maybe your ass is flat?? Lol

4. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Distinguished Member

You prob should have sized down, but either way, have you tried throwing them in the dryer?

5. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Distinguished Member

Good catch

6. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior Member

lol you guys making it sound like JE+ should do a recall on denim due to sagginess

7. chim

chim Well-Known Member

i have about 7 pairs of JE and the only one that really stretched was the cast 2 coast 2. however it’s stretched to a chill relaxed tapered fit, honestly something I was hoping the Kane’s would be. The wash is prob my favorite out of all the JE jeans so no regrets

8. MilesMW

MilesMW Senior Member

I just sold a lot of JE denim due to the stretching out. The problem/difference is - JE uses polyurethane, which does not return to its original state and for example, SLP uses elastane which will return to its original state. I am sure there is a good reason why they use poly instead of elastane (likely because you cant get the same distressing, etc). But yah, it kinda sucks.

9. jstrath406

jstrath406 Distinguished Member

This is what I've been wondering all along. I couldn't figure out why JE bagged out and got saggy while other retain their shape when they both "stretch". Makes perfect sense

10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Distinguished Member

I have some slp pairs with polyurethane and they have been fine. Could be the base cotton that stretches. I’m not sure what it is. It seems like the non washed pairs don’t have this issue. The skittles based or the Nero based denim hasn’t stretched for me

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018

11. Wally_SF

Wally_SF Well-Known Member

LOL - im not ruling it out but I am far beyond "hole in my back" status :rotflmao:

I agree, I would of definitely copped a 32/33 - Maybe to save the huge discrepancy JE can label what weight and quality the denim is when it is released

This is interesting mane & agreed 100%

12. jyonge

jyonge Well-Known Member

Last years blackmeans. This thing has been my favourite jacket since I got it.

7E9B580C-1F27-4679-AE65-FE79C8DCF549.jpeg

13. flipsilk

flipsilk Senior Member

Ive got three pairs:
    Skittles in 31 - the slimmest pair but the stretchiest/thinnest denim.
    Onyx in 31- perfect in waist but a liiiitle baggy in the leg
    Springs in 32 - the top block stretched out a bit but the denim is the most substantial of the bunch. I couldnt even get the top button fastened in a 31. Has anyone altered their denim after full stretching? I'd need to take these in like a half inch if that... worth it or just keep rocking a web belt...?

14. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Distinguished Member

Hawt

15. Crossbones

Crossbones Senior Member

Has anyone ordered the marble shorts? Am on the fence about them and not sure for sizing. I'm typically a 31/32 (medium) for JE but the model took a large.

Large worth a shot?