1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. StPauli

StPauli Senior member

That's due to the difference in material composition. The black are 100% cotton and the grey are 83% cotton, 17% polyester. The polyester gives it a slightly softer feel.

1 person likes this.
  2. ElJeffrey

ElJeffrey Well-Known Member

JE Denim fit question: I usually wear a 34 in slim-fit non-stretch denim and a 33 in slim fit denim with stretch with a desired result of the jeans being slim throughout the leg, some slight room for comfort, but not skin tight.

Basically, I wear my jeans only a little bit looser than they appear on the models on the JE site. Any recommendations as to which size I should go for JE? Thanks in advance.

3. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

I'd probably say 32.. These stretch out a lot lol

1 person likes this.
  4. echau

echau Senior member

The jeans do stretch, but the best thing to do is to measure a pair of jeans you like the fit of and compare the measurements on JE's site. I've found that JE jeans stretch an inch laying flat or two inches around.

1 person likes this.
  5. ElJeffrey

ElJeffrey Well-Known Member

6. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

JE offers my favorite denim design and cut, but does anyone find the jeans to be lacking in durability? I typically make my raw denim last 3-5 years. These Obsidians had hardware issues in year 1. It hasn't been 2 years yet, but they're already developing back pocket and crotch holes

7. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

If you wear them a lot and they are raw it's common. Really just depends I guess.

Only thing I want to see/complaint is on the non raw denim is a longer inseam.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  8. lowk

lowk Senior member

the rue by itself reminds me of some sort of short skirt

9. echau

echau Senior member

I have some more JE denim coming in tomorrow. We'll see how this goes.

10. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

looks like a bib -.-

I'm exchanging mine for the clash crew in grey.

11. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

yup It would be nice to see those destroyed jeans coming out with a longer inseam option. They should do 33 and 35. It just sucks when a company makes jeans that are too short. Like I understand that I'm taller then ur normal person but they can get them hemmed lol I can't extend jeans. I love the higher end denim brands that make jeans in one long inseam like 36-37" and u just get them tailored to u.

12. Joebo21

Joebo21 Senior member

this. @JohnElliottCo

13. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Glad I'm getting some people who agree!!

14. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

Then make it across all the sizes too? Nahhhhh

15. fdyla

fdyla Well-Known Member

So I tried sizing up from M to L. The length is definitely better (M was too short) but I'm interested in what others think of the overall fit. Sorry for bad quality phone pics.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  16. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

I'm also in between sizes so I find myself being a little too critical with my fit. Then again, if you're paying that much for a hoodie you do want it to fit as perfect as possible. That food looks pretty solid to me. Technically, I guess you could consider sizing down but then again it would probably look too tight and would take a while to loosen up whereas the fit you have on now works pretty good already.

17. justjohn

justjohn Senior member

Just received the Midnight Villain today. It is a gorgeous blue!
    Can't wait to wear it this weekend!

18. DonHeebenhof

DonHeebenhof Well-Known Member

So i got my midnight Rue in......I think it looks pretty good with a white or grey U-neck, havent tried it on with a normal shirt yet. I think that will be the make or break. If it looks weird with a normal shirt i will probably return it for a villain when the midnight restocks tbh. Also, the cotton is less substantial than the villain i have, definitely more of a light weight spring/summer feel to it (which makes sense seeing as it was a spring 2015 release)

19. DonHeebenhof

DonHeebenhof Well-Known Member

Also, does anyone have the SS extended villain crew? How do you feel about it? Have someone offering it in a trade for some nikes i have. Intrigued but wondering how much use i would really get out of it

20. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I think it looks fine. It's not like you are swimming in it.