1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Gutiinthebooty

Gutiinthebooty Well-Known Member

2. victoorious

victoorious Senior member

I think it has been said already, but does anyone know when that new leather rider will be out?

also prob looking at the $1499 range I'm guessing?

3. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

4. godforshort

godforshort Senior member

i was planning on get a black clash but the silver zippers look weird imo. the grey mix one looks pretty nice but im hoping they bring back the charcoal its the best colorway of the clash by far.

5. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member

I'm really digging the original rider jacket, I kind of like that matte leather look from the lamb skin.

6. Shepnosis

Shepnosis Member

They've missed a trick by not making the Charcoal Clash a permanent colour. I'll cop if it makes a come back.

7. StPauli

StPauli Senior member

I love the mesh-lined central pocket on the Rue, especially in Mix Grey and Black.

8. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I'm not an authority, if other people like it then that's awesome. I, personally, just think it looks really bad and it honestly just seems like they had a hit with the villain so they are trying to ride that wave and stick zippers all over the place just for the hell of it.
    I still love the villain and flash, but from this season all I'm planning on getting are the kito, tights/leggings and the court shorts.

9. StPauli

StPauli Senior member

Similarly, I am not one. I agree that the Clash's pocket placement appears more haphazard, but I feel like the Rue has a central,very utilitarian chest pocket. It's much more useful than the hidden kangaroo pocket on the Villain at least.

Kito is bomb. I'm going to be copping that soon too.

10. helvete

helvete Well-Known Member

I think it's the "chunkiness" of the Clash zippers that is throwing me off the most. Had they been smaller/thinner then I wouldn't it as much. Just looks a tad bit jarring having two chunky zippers so close in proximity on a garment like that.

Don't mind the Rue, though.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  11. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Midnight villain. The color is awesome

12. helvete

helvete Well-Known Member

The more I observe the Clash Crew zips the more I see wrong with them. For example: the one on the chest is quite long as well, like, it goes underneath the armpit. Hmmm...

13. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grey rue. It's not JEs best piece but I'll probably end up wearing it a lot so I'm keeping it. To get a feel for the difference in greys, I snapped a pic next to the dark grey crew villain.

1 person likes this.
  14. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

Did you get the same size in both? Did you notice any difference in the fit between the Rue and the Villain?

15. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

I felt they fit the same. It's just hard to get the rue on since the bottom has absolutely no stretch--very hard to get it over your head without messing up your hair

16. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member

That middle zipper stands out so much, but on the Midnight Rue I feel like it doesn't stand out as much as the other colors. I'm on the fence...

17. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

^^midnight rue def looks the best. They shoulda made the black rue a pitch black with black riris. I needed color variety so I got the grey -.-
    But not a hard piece to pass on

18. DonHeebenhof

DonHeebenhof Well-Known Member

19. netseeker09

netseeker09 Well-Known Member

Yeah its kinda sad to say but the Charcoal Clash is definitely the best piece ever made by JE, but all the other Clash's are not up to par. The mixed gray is aight, the Rue's are just too weird looking

20. StPauli

StPauli Senior member

Woah. Best Clash? Yes. Best ever? I don't know about that one.

To me that would be the Villain or in distant second, Escobar. Those are their bread and butter items. Their tees and denim are also super underrated.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    2 people like this.