1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JR918

JR918 Distinguished Member

My fog shorts are thick and really heavy. Almost too heavy so need the drawstrings for sure. Dope af tho but yeah way over priced even on sale. I did get mine on sale and like them enough to keep.

2. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Distinguished Member

That’s why I don’t own those either. They are over priced but some premium materials are tossed in somewhere. They have a silk lining I think.

3. Jbidwal

I think the ocean and Mojave are both nice. I wouldn’t keep the black at retail price.

4. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior Member

I'm 110% with you on the price. It's just the nature of the beast though with designer gear. It's almost always a little more than it should be, but then again every pair nearly sold out which to me is always a sign that something was priced right for the demand. The poppy bowling shirt I would have given a go if it was $150, but $365 for a button up? Nah fam. I can't do it.

My buying habits are surely all over the place though. I certainly don't mind spending on the stuff I like even when I know it's price tag probably much higher than it should be.

5. Jbidwal

I kept them too so I’m sure most will keep them. They are unique and fit is spot on. Just an observation on the price. I don’t normally bring the topic up as I know designer stuff is always priced higher than it should be but there is something premium tossed in to somewhat justify the price.

6. Marco Storari

Marco Storari Senior Member

Yeah, I'm surprised how everyone in here likes their mesh shorts super thick

I like them as thin yet substantial as possible; the last thing I want on in the summer are thick fabrics

7. rs1398

rs1398 Senior Member

Had to break out my Sixers shorts today after all the shorts talk.
    FF4C857E-FB89-4D55-B369-57DB6E53F568.jpeg

8. TheOpOg

TheOpOg Senior Member

Exactly what @Jbidwal said. It's not so much the thickness I minded as much as how much I was charged for it. Had they been priced around $150 - $180 I would have kept them no problem. Frankly, probably would have bought another color. But at $250 I expected a lot more. I expected to pick them up and feel the quality. Instead, I was left thinking, $250 for these? I could easily buy a higher quality pair for half the price. The tie-dye is cool but I don't need another pair of mesh shorts. So I am not going to overpay for a mediocre pair. I might have last year but I am trying to get better about putting my extra money in investments instead of clothes I will regret down the line.

9. lavender grits

lavender grits Active Member

stayed TTS on dillon indigo. glad i did. that being said they are definitely the tightest fitting pair of cast 2 denim I own.

10. Tdot96

Tdot96 Member

did anyone buy the anthracite denim ?

11. ElmTree

ElmTree Senior Member

Interesting. What size are you? I forgot who it was, but another person on here who sized up said they wish had stayed TTS because of the waist. Seems TTS may be the way to go for some after all. Thanks for the input.

12. StPauli

StPauli Senior Member

Dual Flash zip is also a solid choice and one of the original JE designs. High neck, full two-way RiRi zip, slim fit. What's not to love?

13. MaTtKs

MaTtKs Senior Member

I sized up from 29 to 30. While the waist has ended up just a touch loose, everything below the waist fits perfect. Not sure how much they vary on the measurements between sizes but I would personally be worried about them being too slim if I had went TTS, and I’m a skinny dude who skips leg day.

14. srizvi722

srizvi722 Distinguished Member

Kane's just need to be discontinued