1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. chris_rosario

chris_rosario Senior Member

23E7BFEA-D7DF-4DE4-B109-B61B4E3B8953.jpeg Indigo thumper, oak Mercer half zip, white AE and Neros

2. srizvi722

srizvi722 Distinguished Member

Need more oak. Escobars, raglan zip up, etc etc etc @MIKE_JE

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Distinguished Member

Yes I have this issue too. Certain denim types do this and others don’t. The type of denim used varies from wash to wash. My spring fit perfect, vintage spring look sloppy slightly, coast 2 looked horrible so I sold those.

4. Vinneo

Vinneo Senior Member

D02 top block are prob what you're looking for, is the biggest diff between them and cast2 for me. Think JE describe their's as something like 'lower rise in the back'. Can turn into pretty bad looking jeans if they stretch too much but a lot of people wearing long tees anyway.

But newer D02 are less skinny from the knee down compared with Cast2. Can always alter that though.

5. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior Member

I don't think JE has released a jet black denim that doesn't fade, that would probably be goat. I still really like my obsidians though. The fading isn't bad by any means.

6. MaTtKs

MaTtKs Senior Member

Si
    I’m fairly familiar with the brand. The quality is decent on most pairs but nowhere near JE quality. I wear a 30 in DP denim and 29 in JE. DP definitely doesn’t taper off the rack as nicely as JE.

Daniel Patrick also seems to be stuck in his ways as far as design creativity goes. He’s been dropping the same stuff with slight variations for a couple years now.

You can find his stuff on sale almost year round, not to mention they do discounts fairly often on their web store.

7. jcecco

jcecco Active Member

A bit late on this but just got the vintage hoodie in and wow i'm impressed. Great fit and love how light the fabric is. Hoping they make more colors! (black PLEASE)

8. Jbidwal

La guys should be getting their shorts today. Curious to see your thoughts on the material and fit.

9. Marco Storari

Marco Storari Senior Member

Because it's just another rip of Fear of God Season 1. There were 100 brands who were FoG clones that all popped up in the same year, lol

They're stuck bc their "designers" don't have original ideas

10. Timbaland

Timbaland Distinguished Member

My wife and I are living with my parents for that reason (rent free of course) so we can save up. I'm lucky.

Yea property taxes on the ridiculous prices now is rough. I'd move out of the Bay if I didn't grow up here and have all my family/friends here.

Lol I'm actually hoping the new tax plan will cause the housing market to dip a bit.

11. Kuot

Kuot New Member

Hello
    Does anyone know which hoodie this is?
    Thank you

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 8.44.39 PM.png

12. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Distinguished Member

If you go on the JE site and look at it on a comp it will give you all the details

13. Kuot

Kuot New Member

Got it! Thank you very much

14. Jbidwal

That’s the only reason I live here too. Born and raised here and all my family here. My parents help out with the kids too. I don’t see the tax plan hurting too much. The cheapest houses start at around a million and its still cheaper than renting by not being able to claim any state tax as a deduction.

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Distinguished Member

PSA

Re: sunglasses, it's not JE but there was a conversation in here before about sunglasses and Garrett Leight was brought up. There's a bunch of shades on century 21 for $110 with free shipping.

https://www.c21stores.com/search?utf8=✓&q=Garrett+leight&button=search

They're returnable so it's worth a shot to see if they work out. Too bad I have a big ass head and most of them don't work for me.