• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Potsnu

Reaction score

Wow the Canadian Struggle is real lol I would recommend trying to find a Canadian stockists for JE+ products or move to California :)

Well from what I find across all online retailers, US and Canada the assortment is quite sporadic. I rarely find one store that has every item I want under one retailer.

The real frustration with the change was that it was working fine the way it was.

Of course I don't have internal JE numbers, I have heard in the past from businesses that USPS can lose packages and that obviously hits the shrink line for JE.

But at the end of day, the loss of revenue from additional sales that JE would have got from International orders would have more than made up for any loss items that USPS has.

The current model doesn't work.

Pittney sends you a tracking number to a US depot. Do we get a 2nd tracking number for our final destination? No one knows. Right now the tracking number we got is an internal tracking number for Pittney's, not the end customer. I don't think JE has really researched this option, I've never dealt with a retailer that has used Pittney's before.

Cg23

Reaction score
I tried not to for a long time, but after receiving the newer (og cut) of the escobars i'm going to have to be that guy and join in on begging mercifully to pleeease someday bring back the midnight blue escobars

StPauli

Reaction score
I tried not to for a long time, but after receiving the newer (og cut) of the escobars i'm going to have to be that guy and join in on begging mercifully to pleeease someday bring back the midnight blue escobars
I second this notion. I'm still thinking of you, Midnight Capsule Collection.

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
Well from what I find across all online retailers, US and Canada the assortment is quite sporadic. I rarely find one store that has every item I want under one retailer.

The real frustration with the change was that it was working fine the way it was.

Of course I don't have internal JE numbers, I have heard in the past from businesses that USPS can lose packages and that obviously hits the shrink line for JE.

But at the end of day, the loss of revenue from additional sales that JE would have got from International orders would have more than made up for any loss items that USPS has.

The current model doesn't work.

Pittney sends you a tracking number to a US depot. Do we get a 2nd tracking number for our final destination? No one knows. Right now the tracking number we got is an internal tracking number for Pittney's, not the end customer. I don't think JE has really researched this option, I've never dealt with a retailer that has used Pittney's before.
I have no idea or ever even heard of Pittneys lol

But yeah USPS loses packages very often and if you don't insure them it's almost impossible to recoup your money. Even if you insure them you have to show proof of value, for that reason I never ship USPS anymore.

Potsnu

Reaction score

We hear your frustrations regarding Pitney Bowes and the collection of taxes for Canada specifically and are looking into different shipping options moving forward. Our apologies!

Can you please make sure Brandi follows up with my order. I've heard nothing all day and my package is being sent to the wrong address.

If not changed, I'll have no way of getting my goods. UPS only delivers during working hours and their depot is only M-F during working hours. It's also 2 hours away.

I need it sent at the correct shipping address.

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

Guys I need an opinion on these...do the almas stretch considerably? The grey pair is a L and the black are XL. I'm trying to decide which size will work best and I'm leaning towards the Large, especially if they'll stretch.

Cg23

Reaction score

Guys I need an opinion on these...do the almas stretch considerably? The grey pair is a L and the black are XL. I'm trying to decide which size will work best and I'm leaning towards the Large, especially if they'll stretch.

Judging from the photos I'd definately go Large. They do stretch out a little bit with wear (nothing crazy though). Because these can give a little over time I'd go with the slimmer size. Also i'm sure ppl do both dry clean or delicate wash/air dry, but they do go back to original shape after. I treat mine like denim though with not really washing them unless i absolutely have to.

optimaasprime

Reaction score

Don't own any Alma's, but escobars stretch. Everything I own in JE stretches a bit, wash always took it back to almost as it was bought. go with what type of fit you want. If you want a looser fit go with XL, if you want a more profile fit go with the large

Potsnu

Reaction score
I think you're not achieving the intended aesthetic and fit if you're going with the XL. I would stick to the Large, assuming it's not uncomfortable tight in the areas you wanted stretching. Keep in mind that if you're stretching the fabric too much and depending in what area, it'll be prone to rips and tears.

So go with Large, if it's not too tight on you.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

For the owners of denims how many wears before you dry clean?

Which denim? Most of our raw should be months of wear, to get high contrast fades like you may have seen on our instagram account.

- It also does not have to be drink cleaned. You can soak in Woolite Dark and hang to dry.

Last edited:

echau

Reaction score
Just got my sand Villain in, and I must say, this thing is gorgeous! I already have a black Villain that I love, but this sand one is definately underrated. Glad I was able to pick it up during the black Friday sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads