• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mkchll

Reaction score
I am sure the hoody just need to go through a wash cycle to clear any loose pilling on the cotton. I have to say though I am getting progressively dissapointed with the disparity in price vs quality. JE for me was always insane quality basics! But the last few tees I bought looked like crap after 2 cycles (on cold). Other garments such as my escobars opening at the seams over a few wears. Clearly there are scaling production issues here and I dont mean this to be a negative rant but thats why I am looking at other brands for basics. I will come back when the old JE returns.

I actually had the seam open on a black pair escobars,on the side hip right below the waste, and above the side pocket after only one wash. I emailed them pics thinking they would replace because of expected quality at this price point, and Matt said it’s not a known problem. So no exchange.

I’m still very happy with them and grey ones I bought at the same time though

ElmTree

Reaction score
@djkillahcam Is the feel and material of the Meguro denim closer to Onyx or Dillon Black? I found Dillon Black to be a lot tighter and very soft. The Onyx was a lot looser and not nearly as soft.

For those who own Sienna denim, what are your general impressions on it? I've been pretty averse to dark blue denim the last few years, but they've become appealing over time and I'm thinkin about coppin. The detailing looks intricate.

boxdok

Reaction score
Sienna are definitely my most worn denim. the detailing is great and the denim is not as stretchy as other Je denim which i prefer. IMO they are definite must have right along with the Dillion Indigo

djkillahcam

Reaction score
@djkillahcam Is the feel and material of the Meguro denim closer to Onyx or Dillon Black? I found Dillon Black to be a lot tighter and very soft. The Onyx was a lot looser and not nearly as soft.

For those who own Sienna denim, what are your general impressions on it? I've been pretty averse to dark blue denim the last few years, but they've become appealing over time and I'm thinkin about coppin. The detailing looks intricate.

same material as Dillon Black / Carbons. Soft and tight.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
29910784-FE50-407E-98CA-08712E3CAA61.png

Hem of the new linen cardigan looks strange

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flannel has me somewhat interested but i’m pretty good in the button up department currently

djkillahcam

Reaction score
There’s a pair of Dillon Indigo’s size 34 for $350 on the FB group. I know those are grails to some of you

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flannel has me somewhat interested but i’m pretty good in the button up department currently

Speaking of the flannel photo, it looks like a raglan hoodie underneath, judging by the size of the actual hood. The color looks a touch filtered but kinda looks like a washed black...fingers crossed.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the flannel photo, it looks like a raglan hoodie underneath, judging by the size of the actual hood. The color looks a touch filtered but kinda looks like a washed black...fingers crossed.
That’s what i’m hoping for!

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 item release tmrw and I’m not the least bit interested in any. That’s a first

Who wears a flannel button down over a hoodie? JE is getting odd man.

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who wears a flannel button down over a hoodie? JE is getting odd man.

It's been pretty popular on the Westcoast for some time. I started doing it high school, and its stick ever since. Granted, no uses slim flannels of that cut, but ones like the switch over-shirt.

This is a photo from one of the most generic surf brands there is (Billabong)
upload_2018-1-22_9-42-58.png

djkillahcam

Reaction score
I thought that hoodie was the thermal lined from a few weeks ago. No?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads