1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. TheOpOg

TheOpOg Senior Member

Man, I don't know how you guys do it with all these lotions and shit. I mean I probably should but I can't keep up on that type of regiment. My toiletry bag literally consists only of a toothbrush, toothpaste and a stick of Old Spice Original in a zip lock baggie (despite the fact I have a nice Tumi toiletry bag).

Back to JE: I love the new material of the hoodies but like everyone else here wish they came in the Raglan cut and with other colors. I feel like the oversized cropped look is getting a little tired. It still works ok on a hoodie but I 'd rather have a more classic cut like the raglan (also it's a lot more flattering if you're built). So far this season I don't "love" any of the colorways but the red and ocean are alright. It is nice to see colors other than just earth tones. I ordered a red LS Classic T so I am excited to see how that looks. Ocean is a fun color but I feel like you can only wear it with black bottoms.

The bag collab is an easy pass for me. The price tag is laughable. That thing probably cost less than $15 to make. The backpack looks like shit. The sling part looks pretty cool but there are a ton of options out there with 10x better quality for around $100 or less. The only reason to buy this is if you're a JE stan who doesn't mind wasting money.

2. CPAJay1221

CPAJay1221 Senior Member

Haha not intentionally. I still can’t believe the Jags though. I expected more from Pittsburgh for all of the praise Tomlin gets.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 3:43 PM

3. Joebo21

Joebo21 Senior Member

what color is that at the 1:38 mark of the vintage hoodie video?

4. HeneK88

HeneK88 Member

Anyone got pics of nicely worn in Vandals?

5. djkillahcam

djkillahcam Senior Member

Man all this hype for another hoodie... Is the fit supposed to be the same as OS Cropped?

6. rs1398

rs1398 Senior Member

Second guessing my sweatpants size. I’m 5”11 145 size 29 denim. These escos are a medium. Trying to decide between the sage ebisu or escos. Leaning towards the ebisu at this point. Anyone else pick up a pair of af1s?

Like many of you I picked a couple raglan hoodies (black, mustard and grey) most likely sitting Friday out. Hopefully we see a black washed version.

F5DD6142-775D-4325-B260-AC2BC9021347.jpeg

7. jstrath406

jstrath406 Distinguished Member

Looks like the perfect fit to me, I’d keep them and then maybe cop the Sage ebisus down the road, both fits are nice to have

8. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior Member

Is there any info yet on the light blue denim from the SS18 field manual lookbook? They look really dope and I've been looking for a pair that looks like that for a bit. Thanks.

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Distinguished Member

What do you guys use for daily sunblock with SPF? I've been using Banana Boat Baby SPF 50 since my old one was discontinued. It doesn't have polybenzene or whatever that bad thing is.