1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. timofay

timofay Senior Member

Which are you looking for? I have a black co-mix expo tee for sale, XL

2. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Distinguished Member

Gorgeous! If I could thumbs up your photo a few times I would. Really dig it! I really like the raw hem and the cuff, I would never think to do that but you pulled it off well on your photo. Maybe I’ll raw hem my onyx

3. blacktoku

blacktoku Senior Member

I'm enjoying this off-topic self-care discussion, learning a lot. So much better than arguing about Fear of God or Rick Owens on here lol

4. CPAJay1221

CPAJay1221 Senior Member

What do you guys do for cologne?

I saw some posts on Santal 33 and TF TV which are two of my favorites (I probably have way too many).

For JE discussion. Has anyone else stocked the Mojave Escos? Any still on sale in other color runs? Looking for a XL as I like my sweatpants a little looser in the waist.

5. timofay

timofay Senior Member

While on the topic of skin care, what do you guys use to shave? I have sensitive skin and get bad irritation even from just using a beard trimmer. Ive had the best luck with a single blade disposable, shaving with the grain. Any recommendations for shaving creams (do they make a difference?) ?

6. Edeezus

Edeezus Senior Member

Disposables are the worst razors to shave with imo. I use one of those old school single blade razors with a brush. I use Proraso for the preshave cream, soap, and aftershave. You should look into as it might help with your irritation.

7. bbconair

bbconair Senior Member

don't wear cologne. half the time you're going to make someone sick or find you unbearable, the other half of the time i don't think people care enough where it makes a difference. i actively avoid sitting by people who regularly wear perfume or cologne.

8. jstrath406

jstrath406 Distinguished Member

Look into Kiehl’s Razor Bump Relief, I used to get the same thing badly on my neck area and this stuff is an absolute game changer for that when you apply after you shave. I didn’t expect it to actually work but it does, and very well.

Also on the topic of cologne, I’m a big fan of YSL l’homme for the warmer months. I have no qualms with cologne as long as you apply a minimal amount. No one should be smelling it from six feet away.

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

Current rotation (not particularly interesting) -
    Tom Ford: Rive D'Ambre, Tuscan Leather
    Creed: GIT (have to have it I guess), Aventus, Millesime Imperial
    Margiela: Jazz Club

There's tons of more interesting niche brands that I used to get decants/samples of (and the fragrance thread here is way more next level), but you really have to try a bunch of stuff and see what works for you. What you like on someone else, might not work as well for you. Also, store them properly.

10. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Distinguished Member

This thread has taken an interesting turn, but while we're on the subject, sunblock is a must. Especially on your face if you're trying to slow aging.

11. srizvi722

srizvi722 Distinguished Member

AM: 1) Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel 2) Dermalogica Ultra Calming Mist 3) Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster 4) Origins Dr. Weil Mega Bright SPF 30 5) Herbivore Lapis Facial Oil 6) Dermalogica UltraSmoothing Eye Serum

PM: 1) Dermalogica Precleanse 2) Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel with Foreo 3) Dermalogical Ultra Calming Mist 4) Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster 5) KareSkin Elevase Moisture Booster 6) Prescription strength Retin-A 7) Herbivor Lapis Facial Oil 8) Dermalogica UltraSmoothing Eye Serum 9) Fresh Corset Cream

1x a week: Kare or DrJart hydrating Sheet Masks
    1x a week: Dr Weil Mega Mushroom Mask

Everyone has different skin types, gotta find what works for you.

Fit pics getting repetitive. We need new JE gear to release stat to keep this thread alive.
    I’ve been wearing this fit often. Curious if we will see the Kitos in Mojave or Sage? I know we saw images of black ones in the first look of SS18. What has everyone copped for this SS18 season? I made my first big purchase today. Looking forward to getting it in.

For the folk who asked about the panel shorts. They’re probably one of JE’s best releases in the shorts category. Dude still needs to bring back the OG shorts. Those were >>>>>>>>

11657AEB-B776-4ACE-A5E7-5F0B63169824.jpeg

12. ElmTree

ElmTree Senior Member

I don't think you'd want to size up in the Escos bc it results in a diaper-ass look with that style. I got some Mediums which were like skin tight yoga pants out the box, so I exchanged for a Large and man it looked bad from behind. I should've stuck with the mediums and waited for the stretch. If you like a looser waist and want to size up, I'd go with a different style.

13. Edeezus

Edeezus Senior Member

Wow dude I cannot unsee. I actually bought a pair from @srizvi722 and I sized up due to the same reasons and I didn’t even notice that until you pointed that out. Oh well.. going to have to rock the diaper look in confidence.. I mean going to have to rock that FOG look ;)