• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djkillahcam

Reaction score
Speaking of Skin Care.. I’ve been using Origins, Shiseido Eye Cream and Cetaphil Cleanser since 1990..28 years ago.. I’ve added Clarins Facial Oil at Night 5 years ago.. I’ll be 50 in 4 months. Good Skin Care, Good Oral and Body Hygene, Great Food and Exercise is what keeps me going.

View attachment 909402
50?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!!?!?!

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my nubucks in from revolve and noticed some differences compared to my black leather highs (initial release). I remember when the new run of highs dropped they said they made some updates, but never mentioned what they were.
1.The stitching on the tongue is different.
2. The padding on the tongue is less
3. The leather lining is stiffer and not as supple/soft as the initial run
4. The nubuck on my leather highs is very soft, on the nubuck highs it is a little more “stiff” & rough, not as nice texture.

Am I going to return them? God no, They are still beautiful shoes. If I paid full price on them, I might be a little upset though.

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife is a huge skincare person. Cetaphil is a must but what my wife swears on is Ziana gel; it's dermatologist prescribed but reduces/eliminates wrinkles and helps with blemishes. I like Aesop but it's just too expensive, so I opt for Cetaphil, urth for exfoliants, and whatever moisturizer my wife makes me use.

Good stuff my dudes!

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got my red Cash Crew in and wanted to share my initial thoughts. Shoutout to @jstrath406 for posting the deal as I was able to get it for $247 ($267 with tax) at Barneys. Before I say anything, I just wanted to throw out there that I immediately had buyer’s remorse when I pulled the trigger as I had no business spending $250 on a sweater and i immediately contacted CS to cancel my order but they were too quick and already shipped it out within an hour of my order. I thought I should at least check it out and just return it if I’m not 100% with it. I already wanted to hate it before I even received it.

Now that I have it in hand, I actually really like it. It’s thick, soft and I was surprised how much I like the fit on me. I don’t have much experience with other Cashmere clothing so I don’t really have anything to compare it to but it definitely feels a tier above all the sweaters I’ve owned in the past (which isn’t saying much and it better well damn be with the price point). I definitely agree with everyone who has reviewed it that it is definitely not worth the original msrp of $600. To be honest I am still on the fence if it was worth the $250 but again, I don’t own anything Cashmere so I’m assuming this price point isn’t actually too bad. I’m most likely going to keep it. The red is loud as it is in the pics and I love it as red is my favorite color.

I am 5’8 145lb and a Small was perfect for me so I would say go TTS.

I was able to only post a couple of fit pics as I had to head to work. I tried layering my other JE tees under it (Classic and AE) and it just looked like I was wearing a skirt so I’m most likely just going to wear it as is or maybe a regular white tee under it. I don’t own any coats to go over it unfortunately so I might have to get creative with it until I decide to invest in one.

7F2C3B6D-45D0-4438-87FC-11119BD93C9C.jpeg

81E2E211-30A8-447B-B136-CA31FD28BE7F.jpeg

edvegas

Reaction score
Man I guess I need to step my skincare game up. I'm almost 35 and have never used any. Maybe I look 45 and no one has told me lol. I'll try some of the stuff out you guys are recommending. I do get dark circles under my eyes is there anything you guys recommend just for that?

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I guess I need to step my skincare game up. I'm almost 35 and have never used any. Maybe I look 45 and no one has told me lol. I'll try some of the stuff out you guys are recommending. I do get dark circles under my eyes is there anything you guys recommend just for that?

Sleep. Eye cream is also an option, but I never use it, but my wife does for whenever she feels like she's got bags under her eyes.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got my red Cash Crew in and wanted to share my initial thoughts. Shoutout to @jstrath406 for posting the deal as I was able to get it for $247 ($267 with tax) at Barneys. Before I say anything, I just wanted to throw out there that I immediately had buyer’s remorse when I pulled the trigger as I had no business spending $250 on a sweater and i immediately contacted CS to cancel my order but they were too quick and already shipped it out within an hour of my order. I thought I should at least check it out and just return it if I’m not 100% with it. I already wanted to hate it before I even received it.

Now that I have it in hand, I actually really like it. It’s thick, soft and I was surprised how much I like the fit on me. I don’t have much experience with other Cashmere clothing so I don’t really have anything to compare it to but it definitely feels a tier above all the sweaters I’ve owned in the past (which isn’t saying much and it better well damn be with the price point). I definitely agree with everyone who has reviewed it that it is definitely not worth the original msrp of $600. To be honest I am still on the fence if it was worth the $250 but again, I don’t own anything Cashmere so I’m assuming this price point isn’t actually too bad. I’m most likely going to keep it. The red is loud as it is in the pics and I love it as red is my favorite color.

I am 5’8 145lb and a Small was perfect for me so I would say go TTS.

I was able to only post a couple of fit pics as I had to head to work. I tried layering my other JE tees under it (Classic and AE) and it just looked like I was wearing a skirt so I’m most likely just going to wear it as is or maybe a regular white tee under it. I don’t own any coats to go over it unfortunately so I might have to get creative with it until I decide to invest in one.

View attachment 909499

View attachment 909500
The red looks insaneeeee. Jelly I couldn’t get red at that price

hermesonly

Reaction score
Ive been using Origins Eye Doctor forever, it worked for me... There are other good ones too. I heard Kiehls Eye Care is great (the one with the cooling effect).. I've used it often when I have little sleep and looked quite fatigue when I fly..

edvegas

Reaction score
Sleep. Eye cream is also an option, but I never use it, but my wife does for whenever she feels like she's got bags under her eyes.

Thanks yeah the sleeping is my problem. I'm just a light sleeper and have trouble getting back to sleep once I wake up. I just started taking some really good melatonin and it's helping a lot. But I have a baby due this week so it's only going to get worse for the next few months lol so I was hoping for a temporary fix until I can get my sleep schedule back in order.

edvegas

Reaction score
Ive been using Origins Eye Doctor forever, it worked for me... There are other good ones too. I heard Kiehls Eye Care is great (the one with the cooling effect).. I've used it often when I have little sleep and looked quite fatigue when I fly..

Great thanks I'll look into those.

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks yeah the sleeping is my problem. I'm just a light sleeper and have trouble getting back to sleep once I wake up. I just started taking some really good melatonin and it's helping a lot. But I have a baby due this week so it's only going to get worse for the next few months lol so I was hoping for a temporary fix until I can get my sleep schedule back in order.

Get your wife a red light bulb to use for when she nurses. The red light doesn't penetrate the eyelids and you'll be able to sleep through the night

Hotrodbren

Reaction score

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, didn't think things from my order this morning would get cancelled from overselling...why they doooo that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics