• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djkillahcam

Reaction score
Thoughts on the panel shorts? What are the panels for? Or are they just aesthetics?
I tried a pair of the blacks, couple seasons ago. Panels are just for aesthetics and it may have just been a defect in my pair but the opening of the pocket flared out a lot. Easy pass.

White Lotus

Reaction score
I tried a pair of the blacks, couple seasons ago. Panels are just for aesthetics and it may have just been a defect in my pair but the opening of the pocket flared out a lot. Easy pass.
Thanks. I have broader hips so I have this pocket flare problem. Pockets flare for the Ebisu too when I wear 'em.

djkillahcam

Reaction score
Was really liking that lifestyle / gym discussion a couple days ago. We should have more of those. I just got back in the gym myself after being busy (lazy) for a couple years. That convo was perfect inspiration for me, especially coming from you guys.

Regarding skincare @srizvi722, I’m 33 and have had a regimented skincare routine since I was 26. Every single day, without fail, even while traveling and touring. It really works. Everyone thinks I’m 25, and I attribute that to the skincare. Don’t gotta go overboard with the $$ either. Kiehls is good, but I use Cetaphil cleanser ever since I read that Pharrell uses it. I use Dickinson’s toner wipes and Burt’s Bees moisturizer since it’s organic. All 3 of those can be found at most drugstores. I’ve tried all the expensive stuff and these work best for me and my skin type and are most cost efficient. I only use an expensive antioxidant moisturizer for overnight and an eye cream both from Lab Series. The Max LS line is the fountain of youth! You should try.

And I’m in the same boat as most of you other vets regarding saving money this year. The only thing I like more than buying new JE is passing on new JE lol. My wardrobe palette is black, white and nude tones as is. Color is overrated as another SFer stated recently lol

My only big purchase this season will be the washed blackmeans rider. After that I hope to be like @itzkoolkidkam and cop 30 pairs of SLP boots. Cheers.

Last edited:

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiehls is good, but I use Cetaphil cleanser ever since I read that Pharrell uses it.
Well, now I'm gonna have to try Cetaphil. I'm a big Kiehl's fan myself for most things but anything Pharrell uses I'll have to try.

Also, for those interested in overall nutrition, health, and working out, I highly recommend reading 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss. Lots of great information no matter what your goals are.

djkillahcam

Reaction score
Had a couple ppl message me about the skincare products I use.

The 3 basics I mentioned in my last post, I use every day. The Dickinson’s wipes are GOAT lol.

The face buff I use to exfoliate once a week or so. Too much exfoliation of dead skin will strip your skin of natural oils and just dry you out and can even cause break outs. If you shave a lot, don’t even bother buying one of these because you’re sloughing off dead cells already during the shave. Avoid any cheap exfoliators because they contain sharp beads or whatever they’re called that can cut you.

The eye cream label rubbed off but it’s Max LS instant eye lift. Both Max LS products I use almost every day. The white Eucerin bottle is a green lotion that neutralizes any redness incase I see a spot.

Keep everything fragrance free btw.

The last trick with skincare isn’t even a product, it’s water. Cut all sodas and sugary drinks. Your skin will thank you very quickly.

Hope this helps some of you who are interested. Any other questions don’t hesistate to ask!

42D44AA6-8D83-4AC9-B0F0-32AA506D3445.jpeg

6E0B9893-0DFA-4C42-9008-D355A53BFCB7.jpeg

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normally an SLP guy. Got my first pair JE denim yesterday. Cast 2 coast 2 was my first choice. Tried them on and my wife asked if they were from the buckle and thought they were true religion lol. She did compliment the fit though. Do you guys ever get reactions like that?
Does your wife think you can buy SLP denim at the buckle?

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to add to the skincare discussion a good alternative or supplement to Cetaphil is CeraVe and it happens to be
cheap.

CeraVe Renewing SA Lotion
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

A little bit goes a long way for both. I'm on the same bottle of the SA Lotion I got 6 months ago. Neither have a fragrance to them.

Hotrodbren

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in starting a skin care regimen, check out the brand The Ordinary. They have a large selection of serums and moisturizers and almost everything is under $10. I’ve tried about 7 different items and they’ve all been great.

hermesonly

Reaction score
Speaking of Skin Care.. I’ve been using Origins, Shiseido Eye Cream and Cetaphil Cleanser since 1990..28 years ago.. I’ve added Clarins Facial Oil at Night 5 years ago.. I’ll be 50 in 4 months. Good Skin Care, Good Oral and Body Hygene, Great Food and Exercise is what keeps me going.

3A0AC7A4-3DDD-4CE1-AFC4-52D44F1D2B6B.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads