• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crossbones

Reaction score
Thoughts on the Ebisu sweatpant? Looking to cop the black pair and trying to find the best place to pick it up. Seems like Notre and Mr.P have different pairs.

Also, would they go on sale later in the season?

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the Ebisu sweatpant? Looking to cop the black pair and trying to find the best place to pick it up. Seems like Notre and Mr.P have different pairs.

Also, would they go on sale later in the season?

I picked up a black pair off grailed a couple of weeks back. I really like them. Somewhere inbetween Oversized and slim depending on how you size them. The calves are still slim which I like and the upper is a little more relaxed. More comfortable IMO.

You may find them on sale later. They’re a seasonal item on Mr. P and they have some sizes left. I would guess maybe 30 off to start.

Crossbones

Reaction score
I picked up a black pair off grailed a couple of weeks back. I really like them. Somewhere inbetween Oversized and slim depending on how you size them. The calves are still slim which I like and the upper is a little more relaxed. More comfortable IMO.

Nice, exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thanks

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are you guys sizing on the OS sweatpants? Specifically @srizvi722, you style them the best
I used to wear a Medium in escobars, so when I bought a size Small in the OS sweats, I thought I was sizing down. But lately I’ve been buying size Small escobars. So I guess I’m going TTS?

My sizing is all over the place depending what side of the bed I wake up on. My denim is 28/29, Kitos are M, half my escobars are M, half are S, both my OS sweats are S.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I meant the Harlot sorry, it was on Barneys NY. Pictures do not do it justice, I dig the distressed at the knee's too.
Gotcha. Agreed, pictures do NO justice of the denim. They truly are an insane piece!

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
Gotcha. Agreed, pictures do NO justice of the denim. They truly are an insane piece!

Yeah they feel a lot thicker than the other denims, I'll be definitely wearing it alot this winter ha gotta love the deals man

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see one in the restocks app. Was tempted myself but I’ll pass for almost 500

I just want whoever bought it to post some pics. I’m good with my tan and olive Colors.

sogood

Reaction score
Does nimbus not stretch as much as plumas?

Don’t know about Plumas since I don’t have them, but my pair of Nimbus stretched quite a bit in the waist — they were SUPER tight when I got them and ended up fitting great. Best stacks of any Cast 2 pair I’ve owned.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t know about Plumas since I don’t have them, but my pair of Nimbus stretched quite a bit in the waist — they were SUPER tight when I got them and ended up fitting great. Best stacks of any Cast 2 pair I’ve owned.

That's encouraging to hear..I picked them up this latest release on BF, sz. 32 like the rest of my JE and they are soooo tight to the point of being uncomfortable but I haven't worn them for more than 10 min..still have tags on them was gonna sell/return

ZanderRosen

Reaction score
That's encouraging to hear..I picked them up this latest release on BF, sz. 32 like the rest of my JE and they are soooo tight to the point of being uncomfortable but I haven't worn them for more than 10 min..still have tags on them was gonna sell/return

IMO the Nimbus have been the toughest JE denim to stretch out besides early raw/selvedge iterations. Couldn't get my size quite right in them due to inconsistency in the sizing, so to speak.

Just purchased the OS Sweats with the Crest off Need for ~$145 after the 15% code on the forum... Copped size 1 and 2, so if someone is interested I'll likely be putting the size I don't keep on the BST thread or returning to Need. Pretty stoked on these, saw 'em at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC and the Crest was actually clean. Also thanks to @jtruzman for the Oak Raw Edge Crewneck, that's on the way as well. Cozy szn.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have both Plumas & Nimbus and have worn my Nimbus a ton and they have stretched the least amount compared to my other JE. I really like them and they do have a great taper. Wished the onyx fit like the nimbus or I wouldn’t be trying to sell them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads