• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kwilly

Reaction score
B50E2F80-B2F7-4C8F-A08E-02A6E9D76D17.png
I also took advantage of the FWRD 15% off and got the FOG in sz large. Quick pic of the pants 6 ft 180

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@marchus-chi aren't they all 3x1 stretch. On the site they are all listed as such unless they mean the actual denim company "3x1".
I think he’s talking about the track pants. They are polyester I think. Don’t have much stretch

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@marchus-chi aren't they all 3x1 stretch. On the site they are all listed as such unless they mean the actual denim company "3x1".

I'm pretty positive they aren't all 3x1 stretch. Plumas for example do not list that in the details section. Those have some other poly cotton mix. I own Plumas, Harlots, Mr P destroyed, and Dillons that I know for sure aren't 3x1 cause they are way more stiff than the Obsidians and Skittles. I would never be able to squeeze into a 30 in those lol. If 3x1 stretch isn't what makes those two more stretchy then it's definitely something cause they give a lot more.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling my last pair of SLP denim! Going almost exclusively JE (aside from one slim TF). Fit is so much more comfortable. SLP still has them by a wide margin on the shirts though.

I have Nimbus Springs and Coasts. Undecided on my next. Hoping to pick some up with the PS code.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else end up picking up the Ojardorf M65? They sent an email saying shipment is slightly delayed (Monday Tuesday). Excited to see how the fit looks. Thinking it likely won’t get to the states until early December though.

TheOpOg

Reaction score
With all the talk of counting JE pieces earlier, I ended up counting my mine and taking some photos while doing laundry today. I've always been curious how many JE pieces I had. I ended up with 33 but recently sold off 4 pieces trying to downsize my closet. I pretty much rock a pair of cast 2, AE shirt, hoodie, and sneakers everyday.

I did get invited to the VIP Sale, which I think I deserve, but was kind of surprised considering the vast majority of my JE was not bought directly through them. On my list this Black Friday: Black Ebisu's, Flannels, and cheap hoodies.

Here is my current JE collection:

JE collection5.png

JE collection4.png

JE Collection3.png

JE Collection2.png

JE Collection1.png

Most Worn -
Denim: Nimbus
Shirt: Grey AE
Hoodie: Slate Raglan
Outerwear: Mr.P Thumper or Alum Flight Jacket(underrated)
Shoe: Grey Nubuck

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Debating on grabbing off the MR p sale and just returning if prices get better elsewhere, thoughts?

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty positive they aren't all 3x1 stretch. Plumas for example do not list that in the details section. Those have some other poly cotton mix. I own Plumas, Harlots, Mr P destroyed, and Dillons that I know for sure aren't 3x1 cause they are way more stiff than the Obsidians and Skittles. I would never be able to squeeze into a 30 in those lol. If 3x1 stretch isn't what makes those two more stretchy then it's definitely something cause they give a lot more.

Plumas are listed with 3x1.
22A762BD-52C2-484A-B5A1-6F6FB4747C04.png

But I agree they all don't feel the same in the stretch department.
My indigo pairs (Dillon, nimbus, coast 2, plumas, coba) have the least amount of give.
I think I have about 16 pairs of denim from JE and the stretchiest in terms of comfort are scarab, Skittles/pompeii, sashiko black and Alpine.

I think it's just the different cotton used in the denim because they don't have the same hand to them.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plumas are listed with 3x1.
View attachment 877484
But I agree they all don't feel the same in the stretch department.
My indigo pairs (Dillon, nimbus, coast 2, plumas, coba) have the least amount of give.
I think I have about 16 pairs of denim from JE and the stretchiest in terms of comfort are scarab, Skittles/pompeii, sashiko black and Alpine.

I think it's just the different cotton used in the denim because they don't have the same hand to them.

Got it. I missed that, but there's definitely something making the Skittles and Obsidians give more. Maybe just a thinner denim?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics