John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. godforshort

godforshort Senior member

can't help if you with that but i was lucky to get the jacket for 40% off its amazing quality for a gap item well worth the money good luck finding one

2. tokyocean

tokyocean Senior member

My Escobar sweatpants came in. They're so comfy. Tight at the calves, but not uncomfortable. I expect some stretching anyway. Also, the pockets are a lot deeper than I thought they'd be. Maybe JE did something about this. This is great because I now know I can store my phone and wallet in the pockets securely. So comfy. I'm glad I bought them. Looking forward to getting the black ones!
    [​IMG]

3. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

Saw your picture in my explorer haha the best color way of the escobars imo

4. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I agree. The dark grey is the nicest grey.

Also the pockets aren't changed, they never were that shallow.

5. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

Anybody around the NYC area wanna swap? my size small GAPxGQ olive crew neck for a medium? New with tags...

Please pm me...thanks!

6. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

dark grey escobar club
    though my girlfriend has been clowning me for buying them. lol

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  7. optimaasprime

Mine clowns me but she knows I give zero fuvks

8. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member

[​IMG]

I guess he got the Midnight Escobar's also lol

9. optimaasprime

JE on auto-ship

10. tokyocean

tokyocean Senior member

Nice, haha. I'm definitely glad I went for it. It was about time I started getting more dark grey into my wardrobe since I'm getting tired of wearing black so frequently. Looking forward to pairing black JE tops with these Escobar sweatpants. I also want some black Escobar sweatpants to wear white and grey tops with; I can just imagine wearing a nice white or grey Mercer tee with some black Escobar sweatpants.

Thanks for the clarification. I had previously thought that the pockets were as shallow as the pockets of the Lima shorts I used to have. I was rather disappointed by my Lima shorts. Do you know of any changes to the Lima shorts at all, by the way? I'm definitely willing to purchase them if JE got rid of the nylon waistband and nylon pockets and improved their overall feel. I love the fact that the Escobar sweatpants don't have the nylon waistband. Did they used to have it?

Because they first look like tights when you put them on? Haha, thankfully, they're going to stretch out after being worn for a while. They're so comfy!

Seeing this makes me want some Midnight Escobar sweatpants for myself. I'm hoping they'll get released again or someone will offer me a second-hand pair in great condition.

11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

The escobars never had the nylon, only the shorts. They so far only had one run of the shorts. Not sure what changes are planned for the next. The Escobar sweats just had the cut change in the last season but they are back to normal cut wise now. All of the escobars I had have had the same pockets.

12. kbasanti

kbasanti Well-Known Member

Ok so I'm looking into JE sweats as I'm in love with the villain hoodie. What are the differences between the Alma and the Escobars, do the Alma's use a different type of cotton to justify the $100 price difference? Also, i am 6 foot 3, 190-200 pounds with athletic thighs.

I had sized up to an XL on the Nike Tech Fleeces because the Large was a bit too tight for my liking. Only thing i don't like about the XL techs is the diaper butt effect. Does this diaper butt happen on the JE sweats or is the cut way better?

I also sized up on the villain to a XL, should i size up on the sweats and get a XL, or stay TTS with a L. If anyone has the same measurements as me, please reply! thank you so much

-Kevin

13. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

The mesh paneling and Extra zippers make the price difference, yes buy XL, and yes they are slightly dropcrotch so they will have some sort of diaper look
    @kbasanti

14. kbasanti

kbasanti Well-Known Member

Im fine with a little bit of a drop crotch, but the tech fleeces just got a bit excessive because of the huge waist when i sized up. Thank you, really appreciate the quick response

15. superstaarrrr

superstaarrrr Well-Known Member

Too bad it's not a size medium. I'd buy it right away.