1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

thanks for the help, grabbing a loopwheel because I slept on the original release

2. emprah

emprah Active Member

I don't understand why you would have to pay duties. The clothing is made in America and North America has a NAFTA trade agreement.

1 person likes this.
  3. lowk

lowk Senior member

Completely agree, not everyone can fit the JE long/slim fit. Better try something else than looking too awkward with it too tight and/or too long like a dress.

I like the look of the drawstrings but I guess it's good they have the option of both now kinda

1 person likes this.
  4. MVP-

MVP- Active Member

It's not duties it's tax.

5. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

Just a heads up for those of you who slept on the Loopwheel collection like myself... Mohawk General Store received pieces from the collection and their over the phone ordering is top notch. Free shipping within the US and same pricing as JE.com

6. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

You don't have to pay duties in to Canada - you are clear from that via NAFTA. Canadians are not, however, exempt from taxes into their respective cities and provinces, which we have no control over.

7. itsJujuuu

itsJujuuu Active Member

to anybody that has both the loopwheel villain and the normal villain or even just the loopwheel villain for that matter, should i pull the trigger on one? i have 2 regular villains (sand and grey), i need a black so not sure if i should get loopwheel or save the money and get another regular villain if the difference isnt there...its really hard paying that extra 100 for something ur yet to see or feel in person :/

8. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

^

"Honestly, not for $100 over the terry. It's a nice piece but $298 is a lot for a sweater.....

My Villain Terry were 30% off from $198 which makes it even a better deal.

But I do like the loopwheel stuff, but hey.."

John kind of outdid himself making the normal villain so good with the custom Terry and old school/high quality stitching job... While this is nice if you don't own any, it's pretty much just a passion project/Dream collab

I say go for loopwheelif you don't own any of the models/colors already, but if you do you aren't necessarily missing out by not having the LW

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  9. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Senior member

some JE on sale @ Roden Gray

1 person likes this.
  10. g33m

g33m Well-Known Member

I just called and they said they may have only started their order at Large since that's the smallest he was seeing for the whole collection, but I assume all the smaller sizes were sold out?

11. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

Yeah the smaller sizes must just be sold out as I ordered a medium

12. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

John elliott effed up my 2 most crucial orders. They cancelled my charcosl and midnigjt navy mercer around Black Friday. And last week I placed an order for grey villain hoody and zip up loopwheel. Now they tell me there was a problem with my shipping and billing (but I triple checked billing and shipping info in order confirmation/receipt) and they are telling me to replace the order...it's sold out now fuhhhhhhh.

Edit: it'll give me more money for ss15 at least.

13. mcking

mcking Senior member

14. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

My loopwheel villain came in. It's noticeably smaller than the sand villain in the same size I have. What is the deal with that?

15. jthom931

jthom931 Senior member

@brianoh, elaborate. What size villain do you wear? Where and how is it small (tighter, shorter arms, short body length)? What are your dimensions like?

16. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

That and how long have you been wearing the sand villian.. Stuff stretches out..

17. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

Both Mediums. This is laid out flat on the bed. The M in the loopwheel def fits better and the sand is probably a good 2 inches longer and 1 inch wider than the loopwheel. I wore the sand maybe twice so I don't think it got stretched out. Is it possible I get an exchange for the right size? It seems as though a lot of ppl are having size labeling issues with the sand.

[​IMG]

18. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

not he best picture on top of a white sheet lol

1 person likes this.
  19. Vindeleon90

Vindeleon90 Senior member

Got my loop wheel collection today. I tried on the pants first. Two thumbs up to the longer drawstrings. My first time getting the "updated" escobars. I am hoping that my large stretches out because they are looking a little like bicycle pants right now and I ordered XL to be safe which is too loose. Did I really notice the difference in the terry by looking and feeling?.....no. Do I regret getting expensive escobars not at all either lol.

Next was the zip up hoodie. I tried this on and it was like a tempurpedic sweater. Felt like I was putting a cloud on me (alright maybe exaggerating a little) but there was definitely a noticeable different with my top for some reason.

Good job JE. I will be returning my extra XL escobards both color ways. Can't wait for ss15 to drop

20. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

More photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I apologize for the poor quality photos.

I emailed Cody about getting an exchange despite me having worn it a few times. Hopefully they'll treat me right.