Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Old JE jeans.

C8A71626-D8E6-49C6-8314-84C912FD58FF.jpeg

2. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I like the teddy appearance on your Work ID

3. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

4. djkillahcam

djkillahcam Senior member

I don’t see any of the stonewash in your Onyx like I have in other people’s pics. They look like Carbons. Super hesitant to pull the trigger on Onyx because of this...

5. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

It's just my piece of sh*t camera and lighting. Trust me they got some nice contrast. Grab them for sure!

6. TheOpOg

TheOpOg Senior member

Yeah, kind of. These adidas ones are more like sweat pants. They are way too casual to pull off at work. Whereas I think you probably could pull off the JE ones in a "formal" setting. Which makes them much more versatile and fun IMO. I am going back and forth on whether to pull the trigger. Worried I might not be able to pull off the look.

7. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

Actually the material is quite premium for Adidas. Not a sweatpant material. Was able to rock it recently with a pigtail and high tops and a long coat.

8. supremeanarchy

supremeanarchy Senior member

Not just Old Navy, but other mainstream retailers like J.Crew, Banana Republic, etc. But items such as the cashmere cardigan, cashmere crewneck, reversible half zip, OS sweatpants, OS cropped hoodie, some of the thumpers, the zip blouson, ebisu sweatpants, switch overshirt, rugby tank and tee. Obviously if you find a similar alternative it wont be exactly the same (material quality, compositions, stitching, fit) but still, they're similar. But things like the zip blouson I know I've seen some type of version like that in BR, switch overshirt at Uniqlo, OS sweatpants and hoodie basically any other hoodie manufacturer like Champion, etc. This was all just IMO of course, obviously if things are selling out or people going gaga over them then I'm clearly not seeing something the majority are and thats completely fine. But a real good example is what your wife pointed out about the zip blouson, it indeed does look like a woman's jacket.

Edit: Should have also mentioned that these are similar items I may have seen in recent time or in the past as well. And that's not to hate on JE because there are items that even surpass what I would have expected, like the BM collection, the pigtail items, denim, even the simple items like the bogota or ebisu for what it is the fit is great, the sneakers esp. on sale, etc.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017 at 2:23 PM

9. KHo

KHo New Member

Have 29 in coast 2 if anyone wants retail + ship.
    Pm.

10. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

Yeah they look extremely versatile IMO, something that can be dressed up or down. The way JE styled them in the Bogota car shoot is what sold me. Gonna tailor mine length-wise if need be to keep them nice and cropped. Can’t be wearing only stacked jeans all the time.

11. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I see what you’re saying. Other than a few statement pieces every season JE has always been about elevated basics. There’s nothing special about sweats, cashmere sweaters, skinny denim or jean jackets...it’s all about the execution and fit.

12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I don’t have the jacket with me at the moment but when I tried it on it felt looser than my royal blue navy. It’s definitely not as fitted. I prefer the fit of my royal small over the blackmeans which means you will like your small.