• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StPauli

Reaction score
Yeah i noticed that on my nimbus as well, I googled it and it looks like turin is a shade of indigo? Not 100% sure

Turin might be the city in Italy like the white pair, Pompeii.

Maybe it was supposed to be a new wash, but Nimbus was so popular that the name got changed back.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 860839 View attachment 860840 Did anybody get their Nimbus’s in? Just curious what the “Turin” mean’s on the tag? Are they changing the name or does it stand for something? I went and looked at old tag’s and it said things like Pre-fall, Season 9.5 denim or light denim with paint splatters.
All the names on the tags are different than the names on the websites for the denim, that’s why you’ll see other retailers list the denim with things like “vintage indigo”, “washed black”, “jet black”, etc on their websites rather than the names we’re used to calling them. I’m guessing the names on the tags are the internal, pre production names they give the items and the names like “nimbus” are thought of somewhere closer to the release.

MaTtKs

Reaction score
All the names on the tags are different than the names on the websites for the denim, that’s why you’ll see other retailers list the denim with things like “vintage indigo”, “washed black”, “jet black”, etc on their websites rather than the names we’re used to calling them. I’m guessing the names on the tags are the internal, pre production names they give the items and the names like “nimbus” are thought of somewhere closer to the release.
Which can make it tough to track down different washes from 3rd parties in my experience.

trevorxflyint

Reaction score
Onyx coming in today, pretty stoked. On a side note - shipping from Mr. Porter's UK site is ridiculously fast. Ordered them 2 days ago

chaney1

Reaction score
Got an email notification that Union has the stadium as a new release but nothing on the website. Hopefully releasing online...

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Visvim/RG/JE/SLP

A04E0FA1-AB3F-4760-BF72-EE3AAE3F78EF.jpeg

3123521F-377A-453D-81EA-06794D1B8DF6.jpeg

TheOpOg

Reaction score
Yeah i noticed that on my nimbus as well, I googled it and it looks like turin is a shade of indigo? Not 100% sure
I was thinking something along the same lines before I posted this. I searched for “Turin color” thinking it was a dark blue or something but nothing meaningful came up. A shade or type of denim makes sense, though.

It is annoying that the denim doesn’t have a universal names across stores/sites. Especially because a lot of smaller sites don’t have searchable UPC’s.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn that geller shirt! ID?

I think from FW 2014/15 or so? You see variants pop up from time to time, but it has black sleeves and it's a nice medium weight.

dmill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got the coasts in yesterday and when I opened the package and took out the jeans, I heard a snap sound and something popped and hit my dresser. Turns out one of the little Button things near the pockets on the front snapped off before I even had a chance to try on the jeans.

Has this happened to anyone else? So random and I wonder how that could have happened..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads