• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I guess it is just personal pref. my view is you can always stretch a crew out a lil if it is really that tight or honestly wearing it over time it will give and stretch naturally but if it is already a boatneck then there isnt much you can do, but again i think it is just personal preference. I just really prefer the crewneck, so if you find any older models in the $160 range the neck should be a tad loser for ya.

Rad, thanks.

dantatzai

Reaction score

Are there still boatneck models available out there? I don't see boatnecks as a problem; I see them as the solution to a problem. The problem of necks being too tight.

I still have the black quilted one in size large bnwt if u want

mcking

Reaction score
DrinkorDie, nice fit.

The extended mercer is a pass for me especially since all my villians are medium. I think medium extended items layered with medium sweaters would be very weird lol.

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
DrinkorDie, nice fit.

The extended mercer is a pass for me especially since all my villians are medium. I think medium extended items layered with medium sweaters would be very weird lol.

Yeah lol the mercer extended on medium villain would be way off, but you never know you might like the look.

tokyocean

Reaction score
I ordered the short-sleeve Villain crew in dark grey from the Shadow Capsule. Can't wait to get it! I already have an idea of how I want my outfits with it to look. It should be a versatile centerpiece all throughout the year. John Elliott + Co definitely has some great stuff for cozy wear during the colder months.

nahom400

Reaction score
@JohnElliottCo do both OG lima sweat have the updated fit or just shadow limas?

dvxnick

Reaction score
Anyone get the stadium jacket from this drop? Mine will be in tomorrow and I'm just anxious to see pictures if anyone else already got theirs

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@JohnElliottCo

Are the [COLOR=252525]Riga Half Zip Hoodies returning anytime soon? [/COLOR]

They are currently not a part of the line, and there are not any plans to bring them back. The Rue Hoodie, debuting this Spring, replaces that product category.

HANCHO

Reaction score
Does any one know quilted villain crew fits slimmer than updated villain crew?

I'm pretty sure they don't fit same.

Thanks in advance.

tokyocean

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the silk blend tees, specifically the charcoal Mercer tee? I want to order that, but the fact that I live in California means I'll have to pay tax.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have experience with the silk blend tees, specifically the charcoal Mercer tee? I want to order that, but the fact that I live in California means I'll have to pay tax.

Love them, slik blend tees are all nice to touch and wear.

Tried on my shadow collection. Looks and fits the way I wanted it to. I'll post pics tomorrow. Need to get the stadium jacket now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads