John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Jflo301

Jflo301 Well-Known Member

What do you guys think will happen with the leftovers from the sale? I’m guessing they’ll throw most of it up online for Black Friday. Really hoping I’ll have a chance at one of the silk coach jackets.

2. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

Probably gonna be the last to chime in about the sale but i feel like I nabbed some real gems with a purl tank for $20 and a navy kake for $50. Was really looking for a villain but I guess I was outta luck since I went on the last day. Strongly considered a couple other pieces but had to eventually pass.

My girl actually went for me on thursday and she said it looked like there were actually way more JE fans on thursday than Saturday. I figure by saturday it looked like a lot of folks just passing through.

Still feel like the sale was def worth the time. Hope there'll be another in the future

3. lavender grits

lavender grits Member

In no way would $498 surprise me but I think this will probably clock in at $448 and sell out quick.

4. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Bogotas look nice. Can’t really justify another jacket so will have to decide between a new Bogota or the blouson

5. mattyice11

mattyice11 Active Member

Ayo guys need some sizing advice ... So I usually wear a size 32 in jeans...had Bianca Denim in a size 32, but thinking about getting either Skittles or Pompeii. Would I fit into a size 31? Also, should I cop Skittles or Pompeii?

Thanks, any input is much appreciated!

6. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Pompeii. Can't speak for sizing bc it really depends on your body type. But I think skittles will be phased out soon. Pompeii trumps skittles

7. GriffinA

GriffinA New Member

If anyone has any mediums or size 44 kicks from the sample sale that they need to offload. HMU. Looking out for buddies birthday.

8. Edeezus

Edeezus Active Member

lol I am probably just going to keep it for now. I don't think it looks bad (kind of reminds me of wearing a cardigan but with a hoodie) and I got this almost brand new for such a good price that I don't want to get rid of it so easily. If I find a Medium size I will possibly let this go and let you know.

9. GriffinA

GriffinA New Member

k
    kk, all good. A medium just sold on Grailed for 80 bucks. rip.

10. Thatsryantho

Thatsryantho Member

11. PT2011

PT2011 Member

What are your thoughts on the construction? I remember reading a few pages back that some people were unhappy with a weak pocket? Still waiting on my bone plaid to arrive.

12. beans718

beans718 Senior member

Can someone give me measurements or sizing advice on a medium padded overshirt?

13. MilesMW

MilesMW Senior member

They run small. I have the 3 of them in different fabrics. I have L and XL and the L is a bit snug. I'm 6' 180ish.

14. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I’m not sure I’m the right person to ask about the plaid because I only have the jacquard. The jacquard seems solid, the material is a decent weight, the buttons have improved from last season, I didn’t see any snags or loose strings. The thing about the pocket is a serious concern. To prevent the pocket from being seen when the shirt is unbuttoned it is “tacked” on with a single thread so it doesn’t flap around. The rest of the pocket is attached well elsewhere and looks to be solidly attached, but if that one string snaps you could have a floppy pocket hanging around on the inside.