John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. gunnerpunk

gunnerpunk Well-Known Member

I have the black escobars from revolve in the second link and it's the older fit which suits me fine since I have bigger thighs. The last link is the newest fit.

2. hansam

hansam Active Member

I do like the shadow collection but it's really not that all impressive, everything in the collection seems well in the boundaries of what John Elliott releases. Even though its been recent since I've discovered this brand and knowing that John Elliott is fairly new; my expectations are fairly high for this brand. It's been a while since my expectations were exceeded from the purchase of the U-neck and mercer tees. John Elliott reinvented the U-neck and the mercer fit so want I want to see now is a new silhouette and a different constructed tee

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Thanks y'all.

4. supremeanarchy

supremeanarchy Senior member

I agree with hansam, like the collection aesthetically but not amazing. I think the extended mercer and villain is mainly to cater to tall guys. I find the current mercer tee to be long enough already, and most of you guys aren't that tall from the heights I've seen flying around here; I'd be cautious is all. Really liked the jacket but if the sleeves are white or cream terry I feel like I'd get it dirty in a matter of 1-2 wears =(. Just going for the lima sweats and u-neck shirt.

With that said, can anyone help with the u-neck sizing? Some people say go same size, others say go one size down. I'm 5'10 and ~150-155 and wear medium in everything basically. Since the neck is wider idk how that'll affect the u-neck model, particularly the sleeves. Can anyone chime in on this matter please?

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'm getting that feeling too the the longer stuff won't work for shorter guys that arent skinny and wear a xs or s. The lengths may not work if you wear a medium or bigger and aren't over 6 feet tall. Still want to see how it looks like on the shorter model or maybe a staff member.

As for the uneck get a medium. I'm like you and wear a med in everything too. The small fits me too but it's not as drappy. My long sleeve mercer fits me fine. Just like the mercer tee. Both are med.

6. Jasonronn

Jasonronn Senior member

Are the current mercers tees an identical fit to the original moon one from the midnight collection? That's the only one I have and its pretty damn short in the front tbh. My mercer tank is much longer, and its a size smaller. I remember when that collection dropped some people were complaining that the mercer was shorter than the charcoal villain.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  7. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

To me the pieces aren't really meant to be something far fetched form what John is already doing. Just limited edition pieces really that aren't a long term production type thing. Not a hey! We are switching things up for a limited amount.

Also if you just discovered the brand of course you will want some new silhouettes, those who have been day one tho have watched the growth from all types of cuts, for the curv crews, scar tanks, when there was no mercer tee at all, when their wasn't a silk tee, different over shirts, new hoodies.

They've been adding lots of new things, especially being a small company. Coming in being new you won't have the joy of waiting and waiting for the new new.

8. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

Plenty of guys on here above 6'! (6'3" here)

9. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

i think its doable for shorter guys too. I just tried on my machus tee (which is about what the elongated LS mercer tee will be). I then layered it with the current mercer LS tee (about the length of the new villain) and just threw on a random jacket. It looks fine as a layered piece, more of a FOG look than what the model is wearing. Without the jacket it looks a bit odd, but I'm looking for that layered look that I can wear with jackets. I think I'm in based on my quick assessment. I attached a pic just as a quick reference.

[​IMG]

10. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

Looks awesome to me... [​IMG]

11. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

6' here!

12. Vindeleon90

Vindeleon90 Senior member

I am excited for this capsule. As mentioned by someone here, I don't think the point was to bring in new products/ silhouettes but more exclusive items that will not be reproduced again. I am 5'10 so I fit right in the middle of that 3" being too long or short.....so perfect. Pockets are gonna be hurtin though, midnight collection 3 pieces vs shadow collection 10 pieces haha.

13. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I think it's perfect too, it's what I wanted. Even you taller guys that are bigger than a medium will look similar. Keep in mind the model wears a medium. Even if you are 6 feet, bigger sizes will be longer.

14. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member

[​IMG]

What size is he wearing for the L/S Mercer Tee and S/L Villain Sweater?

15. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Medium in everything.